Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Thrift/ Gubu/ E.C. Stillwaters

Quote Originally Posted by shaunw View Post
    in a nutshell, the fishing was good with the average fish being 4 pounds. With regards to the accommodation, be prepared for roughing it up if you have not been before. Be prepared for the cabins to be booked up and to share with fellow anglers as the guy who manages the bookings has no clue as to what he is doing. The toilets and basin etc are in bad shape so again be prepared for the most basic of everything. No money has been spent on the lodges in years and a word of advice, take your own mattress.
    Sounds great

Igme and I fished thrift the start of April, very windy as usual. We got 8 fish between the 2 of us (millionaires taddy + U.V nymphs ) averaging 2-2.6kg. Trout already starting to show spawning colours and fought hard. Worth the trip.
    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Igme and I fished thrift the start of April, very windy as usual. We got 8 fish between the 2 of us (millionaires taddy + U.V nymphs ) averaging 2-2.6kg. Trout already starting to show spawning colours and fought hard. Worth the trip.
    Dave
    Dave, would you mind describing that UV Nymph in a bit more detail? How do you fish it?
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

HI Graham
    Will post a pic of it, this fly is super, a nymph supposed, but fished quite fast, (on a sinking line ) which nymphs don"t really do in real life. They are slow, but maybe the trout see them as fry. WHO CARES!!!!!!They catch fish.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hey guys, anyone seen any action on gubu and maidan lately? On our way there for the weekend. Looking forward to some leke f&f.. any pointers?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19