Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Landing Nets

I normally have resisted carrying landing nets!! .... they tangle on fences, thorn trees, etc ... and invariably get LOST!! ... but I broke down and bought a cheap one this year .......... but the BEST thing I did was connect it to the back of my vest using one of those magnets ... with the handle DOWN ... it works SO well ... out of the way ... but easy to get into use!! (got the idea from MCC at the Bells last year! ... thanks MC!)
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I normally have resisted carrying landing nets!! .... they tangle on fences, thorn trees, etc ... and invariably get LOST!! ... but I broke down and bought a cheap one this year .......... but the BEST thing I did was connect it to the back of my vest using one of those magnets ... with the handle DOWN ... it works SO well ... out of the way ... but easy to get into use!! (got the idea from MCC at the Bells last year! ... thanks MC!)
    it's the only way to do it - I'm sorry I never bought one of those magnets ten years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    it's the only way to do it - I'm sorry I never bought one of those magnets ten years ago
    me TOO!! ... would have saved a LOT of swearing and frustration over the years!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    me TOO!! ... would have saved a LOT of swearing and frustration over the years!!!
    and a few nets

Holsloot - landing net with magnet - bushwacking - 1/2 magent; no net

I had to learn the hard way that the magnet should be on the bow of the net and a elastic (bungy ) as a back up on the handle.

So; if you reached for a net in the trees with half a magnet attached to it -
    Say THANK YOU ETIENNE

On the vaal we fasten everything to our bodies.

The magnet at the top of the net and then a bungy or spring cord on the handle to your bag or belt, your wading staff also gets attached to your belt or bag. That river has claimed a lot of tackle.

I wonder if the Vaal has a Tackle Gnome that stores all this lost stuff in his cave? I know a mate of mine who runs a commercial Put-and-Take who when the one dam was emptied retrieved 4 papgooing and 2 fly rods, 3 landing nets and an assortment of broken nylon and rusted snagged hooks and flies on the rocks and logs....

Maybe we should go trek-netting at Elgro for all the tackle stuff washed downstream!...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Guys,

Reviving the thread.

Im looking at buying a new landing net. Ive had the Explorer folding one with the telescopic handle but it got lost somehow... no idea where.

Any ideas of new nets on the market with similar features, I like the telescopic feature cause you dont have to reach too far and bend the rod to much.

It must also be folding to sit high on my back.

Any ideas will be cool.

Cheers

One name only ... Maclean !

That's if you want something that will last forever and has an accurate scale ...
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Hi,

Where can I get one of those? Or order at least?

Thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast