Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garrick/Leeries in the surf

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    I cant offer to much advise on fishing for them from rocks etc becos as you know we get them mostly from estuaries or such.....

ive only also spun for them with surface plugs.......ive seen guys catch them on homemade bungs...this is the only word i can use to descibe this plug.it was almost square with the dges being angled with sandpaper.what this plug did is almost difficult to explain and even more frightning to beleive he got leeries on it.it jumped about all over the place.couldnty beleive a leerie knew where it was going to land next.i know that these teflon plugs swim alot straighter....and the leeires follow them and hit them just as they get into the white water...

Makes sense that this all over the show action would drive a leerie ape. Afterall, isn't that what bait fish do when spooked? You'll never see them swimming in a straight line, they jump about left and right in order to try and escape. Therein lies your key!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 06-06-08 at 12:04 AM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Booger Rose Banned User

Please post if you get any Belman on fly, have been trying in False bay a few time, but nothing. What flies are you planning to use?

Default Flies for belman

My belman fly collection are as follows: sand coloured charlies (#6), orange ruffies (#6) and the sandprawn version of the JAM fly, also tied as small as possible. I've also tied some San Juan and Mambo nr five worms on small saltwater hooks.

On a spring low you can actually spot them if you know where to look for them. I've seen lots at De Hoop Nature reserve, but unfortunately no fishing allowed there. I'll post a thread if I'm sucessfull.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2