Thread: A new experiment

Talking A new experiment

Was playing around again. What do you guys think?

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

I love it! Extremely innovative! Keep the good ideas coming!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Was playing around again. What do you guys think?

Hi Morne,

Looks like a nice wire weave. Maybe try a partridge or CDC hackle at the collar to give it a bit more movement. It should sink well like a classic ptn.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanx guys

Yes Darryl, its the first time i have played around with weaving, and as you can see its not very neat. Every now and then I clean up my desk and usually see what I can come up with by useing all the little left overs from previous flies

Talking about desks, I need more space

THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Very nice. I think you will get better results with weaves by using softer and flexible materials, at least while you're getting the technique down.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.