• Temple Fork - Ti Cr

2 2.11%
  • Temple Fork - Ti Cr X

38 40.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Best 9Wt for S.A. Conditions & Species

You had the redington?
    I uctually forgot I cast it.
    But now i remember,i commented that i had not cast a redington and how much i like the brand.
    I remember it was a very easy casting stroke and very nice feel.
    What rod was that

It was a custom build Rhytm from Ricko at Fly Fishers Unlimited
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Thats right,its all coming back to me.

look at the Thomas and Thomas rods , The helix is my favourite and it casts like a machine !

I have to agree with MCC regarding the Thomas & Thomas 9wt H2 .Have been using mine for some time now and it performs admirably. I know the Belgium fly fishing team all use this rod as I have recently had them out fishing with me. If money is no object then I have to say the best rod on the market has to be the Hardy proaxis syntrix series at the mo.....and with Hardy Greys up for sale your bound to find one of these rods in the series going for a lot less. I have the 4pcs 9" 6# and have caught small kingies, Springer, Carp, Pike, Bass, Perch,Trout 'n Greyling to date with it. This is only my opinion lads,were all tackle tarts in the long run. Just thought I'd throw a spanner in the works : )
    "If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough it will sooner or later become the right fly"
    John Gierach

http://www.pikeflyfishingarticles.blogspot.com
    http://www.balticpikeflies.com

Some feedback on the new T50 from explorer.This could easily be one of the better 9wt rods i have cast especially for its price tag of half the big brand products.
    The packaging for one is superb.The triangle realseat makes sense and the real secures very nicely on this system.The grip feels very comfy but maybe slightly thin for my hands.The rod is very light and a very nice fast action.
    I cast it with a 9 and 10wt line and felt both cast very well on the rod although the 9wt line felt slightly better at distance.
    I hooked and landed a 15kg baber and really pulled to see what the rod does.Despite it been a fast action rod it can bend and has good puuling force.
    I also hooked a 7kg fish in the middle of the dam that took a run under the boat and really bending the rod to a point that i thought its gonna pop,no chance.
    I took video of this and hopefully can upload so you guys can see.
    Really really nice rod,especially if you like something faster.

I have an Airflo Bluetooth XT 8/9wt, i ordered it from teh UK some years ago. Its my favorite rod out of my entire inventory, my baby! I've taken everything from small leeries to monster Pacu on it, and its lasted superbly! I know they've come out with a new one, the Bluetooth Nano Tec, and from what i've heard, its even better! Maybe you should widen your search. However, not much can beat a TFO Jim Teeny, which is also great stick! From what I've found with saltwater setups, its always better to go for the best that you can get! Hopefully this will give you a bit of a broader perspective of whats out there!
    Cheers,
    Nick
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dTisKdin0HM
    Check this link just for interest.Trying out the new T50 off the boat.Gave me a good idea on the of what the rod was like.I did not force the rod but did pull hard to get the fish up as he went deep.Its got a very nice distribution of power.Not quite a sage or loomis but for the price very nice

What do you guys thing of the Explorer T-50? And if it was on the list would it be above the Guide series and how does it compare to the front runner?
    Last edited by briansflyfishing; 15-02-13 at 08:38 AM.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7