Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gubu Dam

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Hi Dave

This is very sad to hear. Wish there was something other to say that would make any difference.
    Yeh!! Mario, words cant explain or soften reality, we all realise we will die one day, just think Andre (poenie) was dealt a bad one, like so many other good people.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Dave

what are the water levels in the dams now?
    Have the winter rain had any effect, or was is so dry that all the water have gone into the ground, with very little runoff?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Dave

what are the water levels in the dams now?
    Have the winter rain had any effect, or was is so dry that all the water have gone into the ground, with very little runoff?
    Hi Korrie,

Our water supply dams have not really had much to do away with restrictions. But even our ff stillwaters only rose about a foot with the last snowy weather when Igme and I were there last, however, the landowner contacted me this weekend to say they are having heavy snowfalls and that this(which is more) should really fill up the waters with snow melting during this week. Hope the front approaching drops some more rain/snow.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

We buried Poenie today. Saw a lot of inactive trout ff today and unfortunately it took the death of one of us to re-unite us. I think after the days reality check, we all realised the importance of brotherhood. Over the last couple of years we split from each other, from fly tying evenings every Wednesday at my home to teach newbies to planning our next venture to conquer trout, stillwater or stream, whichever was fancied.

Was not not a pleasant experience, always thought these guys would carry me to my creator, not YOUTH before AGE. One expects the younger guys to outlive you, wow!! not so.

For anyone that is interested. I and Steve(bleskop) taught Poenie to tie flies. This post will reveal one of the most important flies to use at GUBU, namely the Parsons Glory. Poenie just fished this fly so well, that we have taken it on ourselves to rename it in his honour as ''poenies Glory'', I am sure that the original tier of this fly would feel proud.

REST IN PEACE ANDRE, we will miss you and the things you got up to, even pissing us off at times, just like getting you rested today.(things went wrong)

DAVE

Dave, my thoughts are with you and the family.

You are right in that only the "good die young ".

People like you, OMR, and I will live forever.

After all, " Onkruid vergaan nie. "
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2