Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Salty Bugger - Step by Step

HI Guys,

The actual point I'm trying to make is that brass coloured beads look out of sorts on a silver hook. But anybody wanting to use them, i havent got a problem with that.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Dave

Have a look at the small dumbell eyes on the salty bugger on the pic on the previous page. It's a brass bumbell eye. Most brass bumbells are coated some colour, my favourite being black/grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Dave

Have a look at the small dumbell eyes on the salty bugger on the pic on the previous page. It's a brass bumbell eye. Most brass bumbells are coated some colour, my favourite being black/grey.
    Will do Conrad, so brassy looking beads are acceptible. My saltwater dumbels seem to have got lost in the post from N.Z. so I have to make a quick plan for the 8 saltwater June flies and post them overnight express not to be late.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Gaza Banned User

Default Salty thoughts

This pattern goes into my box first , especially when fishing the surf and estuaries. It is simple and quick to tie , and catches a lot of fish on our coast.
    I use a big tungsten bead at times , to give it more weight , and enhance the jigging action. Also tie with orange/yellow marabou tail , and white sonker strips tails , for catching shad ( more durable )

dont know if it was mentioned before but chenille(used on fritzes)would give the body a bulkier finish and maybe push more water.You get different thickness available
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4