Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fishery/Hatchery in PE area.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    You can buy trout in any just about every pick 'n pay in Gauteng, Woolworths definitely stocks it as do most decent fish mongers and supermarkets.

Prices range from about R50 upwards depending on whether you want it smoked, filleted, de-boned or whole. Go look in the fish section of your local p n p you'll be surprised.

Obviously when you are in a trout area like the Quad in Mpumalanga you can buy it everywhere, even the garage shops sell trout pies.

You also don't have to hit the larny eateries to find it on a menu.
    You are right about availability Byron, freely obtainable in the stores you mentioned here in P.E. Very pricy though, prices compare to salmon imported from Alaska etc. Filleted and deboned will cost you more or less R 165.00 kg.

As far as I know, Outenique trout lodge supplies our area.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    You are right about availability Byron, freely obtainable in the stores you mentioned here in P.E. Very pricy though, prices compare to salmon imported from Alaska etc. Filleted and deboned will cost you more or less R 165.00 kg.

As far as I know, Outenique trout lodge supplies our area.

Dave
    Damn you guys are being ripped off big time - it's much cheaper than Salmon up here.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Damn you guys are being ripped off big time - it's much cheaper than Salmon up here.
    Maybe if we had a local supplier, or competition the prices would be more realistic.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I think the price of 165.00KG is for sliced smoked trout.......we buy whole trout for the restaurants and i am paying about R70.00kg
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I think the price of 165.00KG is for sliced smoked trout.......we buy whole trout for the restaurants and i am paying about R70.00kg
    HI Nick,

And after filliting and deboning it, how much do your patrons pay per 100gr.

Dave

HI Nick,

And after filliting and deboning it, how much do your patrons pay per 100gr.

Dave
    We do various dishes with it a starter of smoked trout cost about R40.00 thats about 80g,maincourse salad R70.00 smoked trout 110g.

whole trout pan fried main course 300-400g fish is R95.00 the size of the fish can vary but they are more 400g than 300g.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    We do various dishes with it a starter of smoked trout cost about R40.00 thats about 80g,maincourse salad R70.00 smoked trout 110g.

whole trout pan fried main course 300-400g fish is R95.00 the size of the fish can vary but they are more 400g than 300g.
    Starter 80g = R500 kg
    Smoked m/c salad 110g = R636 KG
    Whole pan trout 300-400g = R316 KG

NOT BAD. When you getting that yatch.

Starter 80g = R500 kg

Labour to service your car R 240.00 per hour for a grease monkey that has no trade papers and is paid R 30.00/hr.
    A chef who has trained, got papers, trained , got more papers, and worked his way to the top, gets paid??? I have no idea.
    A plumber charges you R500.00 to just set foot on your stinking, sh!t soaked premises.
    You pay over R6.00 for a litre of milk, the farmer gets R 2.50.

Welcome to the real world
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Labour to service your car R 240.00 per hour for a grease monkey that has no trade papers and is paid R 30.00/hr.
    A chef who has trained, got papers, trained , got more papers, and worked his way to the top, gets paid??? I have no idea.
    A plumber charges you R500.00 to just set foot on your stinking, sh!t soaked premises.
    You pay over R6.00 for a litre of milk, the farmer gets R 2.50.

Welcome to the real world
    WE are being ripped off.

Now wonder what i should become, plumber
    milk farmer,
    chef.

Starter 80g = R500 kg

I wish it was that simple...............i explained in another thread about food cost of sales and was lynched.......are over heads are worked into the menu costs, wages,gas,electric,crockery,ect ect, most restaurants have a mark up of about 300% the higher your over heads the more you charge, it does not matter what the product cost, some items its more others its less........we basically buy it for R1 and sell it for R3.

Anyway the only person buyibg the Yacht are the dogs that own the company....on the salary they pay me i might buy an ark
    James Boswell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast