Thread: Lake Cahora Bassa

Default Lake Cahora Bassa

Howzit

I do not know if anyone watched the Kynet show "Hier Gaan Ons Alweer" the other night? The chaps fished Cahora Bassa, they were m@ering the Tigers...trophy after trophy, biggest was almost 10Kg's

After fishing the main lake, they went to an inelt stream/river, and boy of boy...they unfortunately did not fish fly tackle but every cast produced a fish, one fish even had a monster tiger chase it once hooked right in front of the okes feet...imagine present a nice flashy fly in that river...guarenteed SLAM and DUNK

Where can a person get info on where to stay etc and who to contact for guided trips on Cahora, just like the Hier Gaan Ons alweers dudes did...?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Default Cahora Bassa

On the Kyknet website is info on all the places they've visited. The guide in Cahora is Emile Sada. He runs a houseboat opp. @ Cahora. You'll find his details on the website. I don't know if you've watched the whole series when they were @ Cahora? They did catch some tigers, in those inlet streams,on fly, not as big as the ones in the main lake but I won't mind hooking into the same size as they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Fish View Post
    On the Kyknet website is info on all the places they've visited. The guide in Cahora is Emile Sada. He runs a houseboat opp. @ Cahora. You'll find his details on the website. I don't know if you've watched the whole series when they were @ Cahora? They did catch some tigers, in those inlet streams,on fly, not as big as the ones in the main lake but I won't mind hooking into the same size as they did!
    Emile Sada, thanks, I just could remember his name...

Wow! I was perplexed when that episode was one....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Fish View Post
    Hi
    I HAVE JUST GONE ONT KYKNET AND THERE IS NO INFO, DO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS ON THE WEBSITE

Cool

I can organise trips to Ugezi Tiger Lodge – packages tailor-made according to group size. dirk@y-knot.co.za packages include flights and accomodation.

FlyFanatic Banned User

Hi Guys,

I am resurrecting this thread again since I could not find any other info on the site.

I will be visiting Mosambique close to the Cahorra Bassa Dam end of this month for business, seems like there is some very good tigerfishing to be had there!

Has anyone stayed over at Ugezi Tiger Lodge? It looks very good and nice on the website, however one of my colleagues stayed there a while ago and he was not impressed! He said the beds were very small and uncomfortable and that the aircon was close to useless.. (This is in an area where the average day temp for this time of the year is about 40deg C, so yes it is necessary!!!)

Anybody who has some info on fishing on the dam please respond to this thread, I need to know where can I book a days fishing on a boat and what flies would work for tigers there.

Thanx!

Best Regards

Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am resurrecting this thread again since I could not find any other info on the site.

I will be visiting Mosambique close to the Cahorra Bassa Dam end of this month for business, seems like there is some very good tigerfishing to be had there!

Has anyone stayed over at Ugezi Tiger Lodge? It looks very good and nice on the website, however one of my colleagues stayed there a while ago and he was not impressed! He said the beds were very small and uncomfortable and that the aircon was close to useless.. (This is in an area where the average day temp for this time of the year is about 40deg C, so yes it is necessary!!!)

Anybody who has some info on fishing on the dam please respond to this thread, I need to know where can I book a days fishing on a boat and what flies would work for tigers there.

Thanx!

Best Regards

Jaco
    From what everyone is telling who have been there before, Emiele Sada is the chap to contact, here is the link to his site

http://www.bigfishtravel.co.za/BIG_F..._Da_Pesca.html

FlyFanatic Banned User

Thanx will give him a buzz!