Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Henties Bay Feb 2007

Default Henties Bay Feb 2007

I am planning a trip to Henties Bay in February. Leave Cape Town Thursday evening 15 Feb. 10 solid days of fishing. Depart from Henties on Tuesday the 27th of Feb to be back in Cape Town again on the 28th. I have accommodation for another 4 guys. ( We will be 8 guys in total) Cost of self catered accommodation will be R50 per person per day. Only serious fishermen please. We will be mostly bait fishing, but by all means, bring your fly tackle along. If you are interested, please pm me.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Eish, if only the boss would give me leave!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Believe me, if I could get this one past the swambo, which I did, you can get it through your boss. It is all about timing....wait for that moment when he or she needs something from you
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I'll keep trying, will keep you posted if I manage to pull off the impossible.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Eish Chris that is such a tempting offer - if only.Henties is one of the places on my wish list.I really enjoy surf fishing in fact it's the only type of bait fishing I really dig.

Ten days of fishing the surf - jees the dudes must be knackered after that lot!

Chris, you know I would love to come on this trip, but its right bang smack in the middel of the second half of silly season for me... no chance of even 1 day off, never mind 10!!
    What a pity, you'll have to enjoy it for me!!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

We may still fine tune it down to 5 days of fishing with two days of travelling either side. You are right Arthur, one does become pretty buggered, the big killer being the sun. You have to really look after yourself from day 1. It is awesome stuff though, out before first light and out the whole day in search of fish. This is why it is important to have a serious bunch of guys together. One guy can spoil it for all. I have seen even so called serious guys wanting to pack it in at 2pm in the afternoon when the fishing has gone a bit off. This puts the rest under pressure.

You are welcome to join us if you see your way clear Arthur.

Pity about your situation Andre, would love to have you with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    We may still fine tune it down to 5 days of fishing with two days of travelling either side. You are right Arthur, one does become pretty buggered, the big killer being the sun. You have to really look after yourself from day 1. It is awesome stuff though, out before first light and out the whole day in search of fish. This is why it is important to have a serious bunch of guys together. One guy can spoil it for all. I have seen even so called serious guys wanting to pack it in at 2pm in the afternoon when the fishing has gone a bit off. This puts the rest under pressure.

You are welcome to join us if you see your way clear Arthur.

Pity about your situation Andre, would love to have you with.
    Reminds me of the trips I did with my brother when you could still drive on the beach in SA.We would normally fish five or six days solid - morning noon and night.What a jol though.

Maybe we will both join you on your next trip!

I still have one more opening to make up a party of 4 guys for Henties Bay. Leave Sunday 18Feb and back on Saturday 2March. Will work out to about R1700 each, all inclusive.

Hi Chris, I spoke to some bait boys who have just come back from Henties ( last w/e). Apparently they "clapped" the fish, photo's to prove, average weight for kabeljou 12kg!
    Enjoy the trip *green with envy*
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast