Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Filoplume Dragon Step - by - Step

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Hi Gerrit,

I tie this fly in brown and olive but tend to fish the olive ones more often as I've obviously subconsciously built up more confidence in them over time. Also, when I've taken the time to go digging around weedbeds looking for insects, the dragon nymphs I find in this part of the world seem to be mostly mottled olive, and get darker in winter.
    Thanks Shaun,the Vaal is full of them plus many Damsels as well.The ones I've seen were very dark Olive,almost black.I wonder if the pollution had anything to do with that.

G

Cool fly!!!

this is one of my fave flies for trout and i've caught plenty of fish one it - in olive, brown and grey.

I still think that tying with filo plumes or after shafts is a ball-ache but nothing really compares to the action they give in the water.

My prefered size is a 10 as an all rounder.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Links to pics fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Thanks Shaun,the Vaal is full of them plus many Damsels as well.The ones I've seen were very dark Olive,almost black.I wonder if the pollution had anything to do with that.

Cool fly!!!
    I've seen black ones too, definitely not due to pollution. Still have not fished a black one yet. But sure it will work....

Also seen black damselfly nymphs here in the WC.
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Links to pics fixed.
    Thank you Shaun. I had seen these most beautiful SBS's and then went back after a while to look closer, they were all gone. You really tie and photo wonderfully.
    Dankie......( I see Pierre never replied....I think in direct translation, he said...."I will swallow.....that fly)
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2