Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 41.10%
  • No

43 58.90%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Members Reputations

...and that's the beauty of this forum, it all comes down to what the users want.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Guess "reputation" is the wrong word choice here. It has to do with how much the members contribute positively to Fly Talk and fly fishing. Nothing to do with the level of expertise.

A total newcomer asking his first question can be rated in a positive manner. The idea with this type of rating is too keep negative posts off the main forum and rather limited to pm's between the members.

All the rating "categories" will be positive apart from when someone really stirs and have a negative impact on the rest of the forum users.

Please vote and we will do what the majority wants. I think we are all fedup with general negativity, we are busy cleaning up the forum and want you guys to enjoy Fly Talk.

Thanks,

Philip
    HI Philip,

Maybe do it gradually by first trying it out on NEW THREADS POSTED.

Just an idea.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Guess "reputation" is the wrong word choice here. It has to do with how much the members contribute positively to Fly Talk and fly fishing. Nothing to do with the level of expertise.

A total newcomer asking his first question can be rated in a positive manner. The idea with this type of rating is too keep negative posts off the main forum and rather limited to pm's between the members.

All the rating "categories" will be positive apart from when someone really stirs and have a negative impact on the rest of the forum users.

Please vote and we will do what the majority wants. I think we are all fedup with general negativity, we are busy cleaning up the forum and want you guys to enjoy Fly Talk.

Thanks,

Philip

Yes Philip,

This makes more sense, (think I must have been typing when you posted)

who knows, maybe it will have a positive effect in the long run...

cheers
    shawn

I am personally not interested in being rated by anyone on here....and neither am I interested in rating anyone on here.

My 2c entitlement
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Blog Entries

Not sure how it will benefit the site?? If bad posts are posted (fly fishing related) they just get ignored, if there *** praat, in the future they will be moderated and deleted,and if there good post(fly fishing related) they get lots of hits.....Take for example Mario's Guess the stream, if 60 forum members voted great thread, Mario would get Knighted, what difference will that make to the forum......we all know Sir Marios creditials already.(sorry to use you Mario).

Sorry Phillip but as well as you have explained it,i just cannot get my head around the fact that it will become another pissing competion.

My tupencehapenny worth

Cheers Nick.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

[QUOTE=nicholas;89129]

Sorry Phillip but as well as you have explained it,i just cannot get my head around the fact that it will become another pissing competion.
    QUOTE]

You've hit the nail on the head of exactly the kind of thing I fear Nicolas. I don't get a good gut feel about it at all.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

In theory it makes sense, but it can become another censor tool by certain members on others as well.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

It is actually for the newby on the forum. He knows who is giving him good advice.

I am definately for it!
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

9. Default

I'm also for it!

Maybe it will stop some of the K@K being posted.

If you are not interested, then ignore it.... No one is forcing any members to partake.

My 2c
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    If bad posts are posted (fly fishing related) they just get ignored
    I am sorry but to me that is not acceptable. Why must i waste my time to try and respond with helpful information when i know that it is drowned out by the K*kpraat around it. Perhaps this would make people think twice before responding to a thread just for the sake of responding.

Why are you guys all so scared of giving people recognition for doing a good service to the website?

This concept works well on Sealine. I am a very infrequent user of that site, but when i look at threads, i can see who's views the community respects, and those are the views I take most notice of. It is a useful tool on the website.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast