Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glow in the Dark Flies - any experience?

Default Glow in the Dark Flies - any experience?

Hi
    Anyone had any experience using Glow in the Dark Flies?
    What happened hey!
    Regards
    Craig

I made a few experimental ones a couple of years ago, but just did not end up fishing with them, exept one black Tarpon style fly, the "beak" part glowed and I got a 3kg Blufinking, on it and after a while the fly got stuck and the hook point broke off , wich I relized after a few consecutive faild hook-ups(it was after sunset).So I don't know if it made a diffrance after all. but I must ad that after removing THAT fly I hadn't had any strikes, And I actualy had forgot, about that fly untill reading your post.

I made a "glow in the dark"#8 caddis nymph, but wading the vaal after sunset, she's not a beeg
    So Ive never got to fishing with it, and it is so old it now won't light up any more I think.

So I don't know if it made a diffrance after all
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

I was interrested in finding some phosphorescent material for Caddis in summer when you can easily fish till 8 or 9 at night.

I did find some para wing post material that fit the task, but the shops either did not have it, or did not know what I was talking about, or did know what I was talking about and were too lame/lazy/stupid to order or go to any trouble.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

I have been experimenting with Lumo tungsten beads ... but so far nothing conclusive as to whether they get more takes or not
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    I was interrested in finding some phosphorescent material for Caddis in summer when you can easily fish till 8 or 9 at night.

I did find some para wing post material that fit the task, but the shops either did not have it, or did not know what I was talking about, or did know what I was talking about and were too lame/lazy/stupid to order or go to any trouble.
    Only received mine a couple of days ago. Now to tie some glow nymphs. Will let you know how they fish. (for trout)

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi Craig

There already is a thread on the forum (somewhere). And yes, glow in the dark patterns do work.....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I have been experimenting with Lumo tungsten beads ... but so far nothing conclusive as to whether they get more takes or not
    Lumo as in luminescent and not fluo as in fluorescent ? I'd love to see that please. Have you got a link ?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Hi Craig

There already is a thread on the forum (somewhere). And yes, glow in the dark patterns do work.....
    Lumonous Lakies. . . . . . . .
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Glow in the dark fly line would be handy...
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

I've fished those luminous plastic beads the baities and chokka fishers use threaded just above a fly on the leader at night. Unsure how effective they are, but they sure give me a thrill using them..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast