Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Knife by Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Where is the best place to buy this oil Chris.???
    Hi Nick ... good old Woodoc works just fine for a natural wax finish (I generally use the OUTDOOR wax ... it really protects the wood against moisture and UV)

for those lovely gunstock oils go to a good gun shop (probably Suburban Guns is the best at the moment)
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Hi Nick ... good old Woodoc works just fine for a natural wax finish (I generally use the OUTDOOR wax ... it really protects the wood against moisture and UV)

for those lovely gunstock oils go to a good gun shop (probably Suburban Guns is the best at the moment)
    Cheers Jasper, and once again thanks.....see you tomorrow.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Nic, you can also try City Guns (Martin) in Hout Str or Rosenthal (Steve) in Loop St for Shafttol (not sure about spelling)

Booger Rose Banned User

hi Jasper, what are the chances of a nice very thin bladed baitknife?

Here is another handmade knife, friend at work made it for me last year, is a practical carrying knife, use it for everything(including opening bottles, i may be lynched for that), fits in my fly jacket nicely.

"His fishing was not a sport, nor solely a means of subsistence, but a sort of solemn sacrament and withdrawal from the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    hi Jasper, what are the chances of a nice very thin bladed baitknife?
    Hi Eduard .... I have been working on your idea .... for you as well as MYSELF .... may have come up with a great design ... I will keep you up to date on progress
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.

Gort any good nicely balanced throwing knives Jasper?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

All that knife needs is a nice piece of Lowveld Kudu Biltong man!!!

Jasper, I recently bought a Lansky Sharpening set, would you recommend using this set, I tested it on my kitchen knives and was quite impressed, I am just a bit scared of being heavy handed with the rough stones and stuffing the blade up.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    All that knife needs is a nice piece of Lowveld Kudu Biltong man!!!

Jasper, I recently bought a Lansky Sharpening set, would you recommend using this set, I tested it on my kitchen knives and was quite impressed, I am just a bit scared of being heavy handed with the rough stones and stuffing the blade up.
    Hi Shammo .... the Lansky kit is good - but be careful, it can take off a lot of steel, as well as re-defining the original angle of the cutting edge. It works well on a really blunt knife though. I prefer using an Arkansas (soft) stone, by hand, trying to keep the angle the same as the original (if that makes sense!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Gort any good nicely balanced throwing knives Jasper?
    nope ... never looked at throwing knives .... but it could be an idea for a future project Chris

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast