Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 9 X 9 Challenge

Herman

Once you've done the trout thing the yellow thing will pale into insignificance

I can see that I'm going to need Mario's back-up on this one!

Darryl and the boys are carp hunters and I'd be interested to hear their opinion about carp being "slap"

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    Herman

"
    Neil, I think specifically targeting and landing a 10kg LM yellow would give as much of a rush as any trout
    Bye the way Carp are'nt "slap" just lighter and as dirty punchers as sm yellows he he he
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Wink

Herman

Darryl and the boys are carp hunters and I'd be interested to hear their opinion about carp being "slap"
    Agreed, carp are quite slap- but an 8kg carp has enough weight to make up for his slapness! And plus, if I cant get to a stream after work at least Muizenberg is close enough to cater for my fly fishing addiction (even if it means standing in the middle of the cape flats like a nervous caffeine addicted squirrel)

Diet carp on the other hand- they're about as slap as a railway sleeper

Herman

Most carp are slow fighters but occasionaly you get one that has a burst of speed and even tail walks. They are however extremely strong and dirty fighters and when catching them in a river they give a serious fight.

Give me a choice between carp fishing or stream fishing for trout and the trout will win 9/10 times - Saturday is a case in point ;-)

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Most carp are slow fighters but occasionaly you get one that has a burst of speed and even tail walks. They are however extremely strong and dirty fighters and when catching them in a river they give a serious fight.

Give me a choice between carp fishing or stream fishing for trout and the trout will win 9/10 times - Saturday is a case in point ;-)

Regards,
    Darryl
    Um no, Saturday is proof that you drop your mates who have to give up their day to look after foreigners who want to catch damn carp so that you can have fun on the streams... friggin spineless bastard (and yes- I am jealous of your cunningness)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Um no, Saturday is proof that you drop your mates who have to give up their day to look after foreigners who want to catch damn carp so that you can have fun on the streams... friggin spineless bastard (and yes- I am jealous of your cunningness)
    If you hadn't sung the praises so much of fishing for carp in the outflow of a sewerage farm, then perhaps the foreigners wouldn't have been so keen to go there in the first place and you could have had another day on the streams As for my cunninglingus, leave it out of this

Rgds,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    I reckon a clainwilliam half the size of a trout will fight twice as hard!
    Darn Right!!
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Too many cunning linguists and master debaters on this site for my liking

Skuza me chinas but whatta k@k r u okes talking?

This is why we need a chat room
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast