Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Eikendal Reports

Nicely done Nicholas, that is very good fishing in anyones book!

And now I am going to show my ignorance at stillwater patterns, what's a 'white death'? Bread immitation?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Nicely done Nicholas, that is very good fishing in anyones book!

And now I am going to show my ignorance at stillwater patterns, what's a 'white death'? Bread immitation?
    a bit like a small version of a Cat's Whisker ..... suppose it IS a good breadfly!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

AKA a 'Feline Merkin' - that's what we called them in them thar invention days in the English reservoirs way back yonder.

We used to have decent Civil Wars then in England - no knives/hoodies and popahols, just chain-mail, an honest longbow of yew and the fletcher's best ash for arrows, ably assisted in aiming at the scum by a flagon of Mistress Quickly's finest mead..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    a bit like a small version of a Cat's Whisker ..... suppose it IS a good breadfly!!!
    Thanks Jasper, that helps a lot! What's a Cat's Whisker?

Forget it, I'm useless.........let me stick to my beetles, bees and snails rather....I won't bother you guys anymore, promise!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 06-08-08 at 09:02 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Thanks Jasper, that helps a lot! What's a Cat's Whisker?
    see reply by OMR ... aka a "Feline Merkin"
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Thanks Guys, just a point with the white death, i noticed the fish where feeding just below the surface in the afternoon,i did tie on emerger patterns but no luck,the white death was put on by chance beacuse i did not have a cats whisker,turns out it was the right thing to do.

This morning i thought i would find out a bit more about the fly and hears what i found,bu default i chose the right fly.
    http://outfitters.morewrite.com/2008...-fishing-bait/
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Default Eikendal Duck Flies

Hi
    Just in case anyone is interested.
    Shuttlecock flies in bright red with white CDC is deadly on the Eikendal Ducks
    I caught 2 in 2 minutes, but they were strong and broke the tippet
    C
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Thanks Guys, just a point with the white death, i noticed the fish where feeding just below the surface in the afternoon,i did tie on emerger patterns but no luck,the white death was put on by chance beacuse i did not have a cats whisker,turns out it was the right thing to do.

This morning i thought i would find out a bit more about the fly and hears what i found,bu default i chose the right fly.
    http://outfitters.morewrite.com/2008...-fishing-bait/
    excuse me here for a minute....but there must be a lot of hungry members of parliament (sp) out there, now that you doing so much fishing? Or have you finally given them the finger
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    excuse me here for a minute....but there must be a lot of hungry members of parliament (sp) out there, now that you doing so much fishing? Or have you finally given them the finger
    Howzit Rols, found some more time at last,i was on strike on wednesday,as the saying goes when in Africa.

Going again tomorrow
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Howzit Rols, found some more time at last,i was on strike on wednesday,as the saying goes when in Africa.

Going again tomorrow
    hey i'm gonna phone your boss...i tried to speak to my boss today about a little trip and she said "NO" ....the back problem and subsequent jabs i've had did'nt seem to help sway her. i think it was probably when i said ...."ja but a coupla beers to swollow the medication will help numb the pain". apparently not the right thing to say.....to the boss, of course..
    good luck and enjoy
    cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast