Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Eikendal Reports

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hey Buffel, gaan swap n damsel
    Not a Donner. Jou Bribe geld is te veel en dan wen ek nog steeds nie..
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..

Looks like i may have to pull out the infamous WHITE DEATH.........
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hey Nick, bring a sinking line - a fast intermediate or a DI3 would be ideal. That way you'll be able to "count down" and cover the water vertically to locate fish. I know the Eikendal dams have a reputation for being difficult, but I really can't agree with that statement. In any larger body of water the fish have more "choice" regarding feeding and cruising depth. A blank session is very often result of fishing the right flies on the right retrieve at the wrong depth. I see it all the time, and then see the looks of disbelief when I tell customers that there are hundreds of fish in the dam... The fish have not been too specific about fly choice lately. An olive bugger is as good a fly to start with as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    I think the weather on Sunday was to good. Fished another dam in the area and strugled a lot - picked up two late in the morning in one corner, more by luck than skill. I think the weather will just be k@k enough tomorow for you to have a good day of fishing. Remember to take along a supply of "Ou Bruin Sappies" and fish a Olive Woolly Bugger on an intermediate line - twitch and wait at least 5 counts before you twitch again etc...
    And when do I get one of these famous flies.

I have the water, there are yellows in this water, the water is NOT the Vaal, but a small stream, so do I qualify,

I will even pay postage
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Booger Rose Banned User

How many do you want?

3 of # 8, 10, and 12 = 9 . PLEEEEEZE.

NO BEGGING SMILY AVAILABLE

Booger Rose Banned User

Done! (need to make up space to post)

Done! (need to make up space to post)
    Thou art a scholar, gentleman and tyer to boot.

I shall PM thee the address wherupon thou shalt reply with the "pony riders "fee as well as the required "bribe" , which I am sure thou knowest is only payable in a liquid form.

Booger Rose Banned User

I'll tie them up over the weekend, forget about the mailing money and I'll take you up on the bribe to take me to one or two fishing spots when next I visit Jo'burg. I'm thinking of doing a trippie down to Aardklop at the end of September and then fishing the Vaal on the Potch side.

I'll tie them up over the weekend, forget about the mailing money and I'll take you up on the bribe to take me to one or two fishing spots when next I visit Jo'burg. I'm thinking of doing a trippie down to Aardklop at the end of September and then fishing the Vaal on the Potch side.
    AAhh, that would be a good time and we can then both explore new waters that I have been pointed to but never had the pleasure of fishing,,,, YET.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast