Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Line Maintenance

On the other hand though, I've yet to find a better product to clean rods than Wynn's dash, but I buff it off with a microfibre cloth as the last step.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Scientific Anglers makes a cleaning kit for floating lines. It comes with a cleaning pad and a treatment gel for afterwards. It works very well and the line stays slick for quite some time. I bought mine in thw US for $5, not too sure who sells them in SA.
    Frontier keeps them. I have 2 of these kits, but I've only used the pad so far. For the Sci Angler Sharkskin line you just use the dry pad and don't apply the dressing.

For a sinking line, I run the line through an old scouring pad (on the back of the sponge) and a mild solution of sunlight liquid. Then rinse and dry. It's amazing how much gunk the scourer pad removes!
    Won't using a scouring pad damage the surface of the line ?

I just use Sinkfast on a microfibre cloth and that takes all the dirt off the line without any scouring.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Won't using a scouring pad damage the surface of the line ?
    Not at all. Scouring pads are made of plastic, and I'm pretty gentle with it. I find it helps to 'loosen' the grime that forms on the line.

I must get a bottle of the Loons Sinkfast lube. Sounds good.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2