Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusing article

Default Confusing article

Hi

I am hoping some one in the forum is a fundi with reards to legislation on fresh water fishing.

I was scanning the new "stywe lyne" yesterday and found an article in there that as I understand it implies that one may not even attempt fishing for a protected spcies with ought a speclial permit even if you have a fresh water fishing licence.

Could some one elaborate or tell me were I can obtain the special permit.

I can not remember the acoronym for the permiy or legislation sory.

Currently the legislation IS written in such a fashion that the catching of Largemouth Yellowfish IS illegal. What they should mean is that catch and keep in illegal, but it's written that way and directly "translated" means any method of capture of these fish are currently illegal. Even the guys from enviromental affairs say it's over the top and too confusing.
    So you read the article right...it's true. You DO need a permit to fish for largemouth yellow fish, AND a fishing license of course. But may not be that way for long, it will probably be changed to clear up the mess.

So...anyone catch a largemouth yellow...you should know you are breaking the law...

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    Hi

I am hoping some one in the forum is a fundi with reards to legislation on fresh water fishing.

I was scanning the new "stywe lyne" yesterday and found an article in there that as I understand it implies that one may not even attempt fishing for a protected spcies with ought a speclial permit even if you have a fresh water fishing licence.

Could some one elaborate or tell me were I can obtain the special permit.

I can not remember the acoronym for the permiy or legislation sory.
    Why do you need a special permit to catch a certain fish? Even if you target said fish it does'nt mean you are killing it. How can one tell what specie you will hook until it happens. It's based on the same principle while fishing the surf etc. hook a shad/elf out of season and kill it.big sh@t, if they catch you. but release it and carry on to see what other can be landed, no problem. So what's the problem.

Also very

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Why do you need a special permit to catch a certain fish? Even if you target said fish it does'nt mean you are killing it. How can one tell what specie you will hook until it happens. It's based on the same principle while fishing the surf etc. hook a shad/elf out of season and kill it.big sh@t, if they catch you. but release it and carry on to see what other can be landed, no problem. So what's the problem.

Also very

Dave
    Dave, the whole proposed act is very poorly defined and as such a total c@ckup. Try and but a fishing liscence in Gauteng. There is only one place that I know of that sells both Freestate and Gauteng liscences.
    In it's present form the act will be impossible to police and enforce.

And oh ja, should there be some previously disadvantaged Fish Ranger who comes accross a subsistance fisherman with 30 SM and 19 LM in his mielie bag, he will just walk away, ~ Eeeeiiissshh, did not see anything
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi.. i just have a question.. would one need a licence to fish the vaal??

andrew

You need a freshwater angling licence to fish anywhere in the country.The only thing is no one enforces this so nobody bothers to renew them.The mmoney you pay for it is surely not used to keep our water ways maintained so why pay.Its purely that I have always had one and it makes me legal on the waters that I renew it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    The only thing is no one enforces this so nobody bothers to renew them.
    So what, just because everyone else is raping and killing and not getting charged does that mean you should too ?

Pay your license, R60 PA even if you only fish once, it's not money and it's the right thing to do.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    So what, just because everyone else is raping and killing and not getting charged does that mean you should too ?

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Its purely that I have always had one and it makes me legal on the waters that I renew it every year.
    CoreFly does pay his.

Pay your license, R60 PA even if you only fish once, it's not money and it's the right thing to do.
    Where does one obtain one. I asked at the Post Office, they just looked at me funny and laughed!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    CoreFly does pay his.
    Yip, I was just saying in general.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Where does one obtain one. I asked at the Post Office, they just looked at me funny and laughed!
    Post Orrifice is where I get mine from.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

10. Default

Post Orrifice is where I get mine from.
    Will try again now-now, but fairly sure I'll get the same answer. Will report back.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast