Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Grants S-B-S Hows!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    598

    Default Grants S-B-S Hows!!

    These are the steps that need to be done:



    1) Take photos of flies while tying
    2) Load Photos onto computer and resize them properly.
    3) Create an account on www.photobucket.com – just go to the site and look for the link that says “register” or “create account” or something like that. It is free to register but you must register to upload photos.
    4) Now you must upload the photos to photobucket. There should be an “upload” button that you must press and then it will ask you to find the files on your computer and you click on them to upload them. This takes a bit of time but eventually it finishes and asks you to add comments to each photo. I just go to the bottom and click on “return to album” and then it shows you all the photos that you have uploaded, and under each of the photos it shows you the Direct Link to the photo which is a long thing like www.photobucket.com.blah.blah.
    5) Now you go to flytalk and you start writing your step by step in a new post as follows
    a. Put the name of the fly and then a description of what it is used for and how you fish it etc.
    b. Put the recipe of the materials needed
    c. The start with step 1 and type the description, eg “Place hook in vice”.
    d. Now you go back to your photobucket page and look for the picture of your step 1. Under the picture you click on the URL underneath that says “Direct Link” and highlight the whole URL and press CTRL-C (ie copy).
    e. Now you go back to your flytalk page and look at the bit where you write the message. Just above it there are a bunch of buttons for editing the message. There is one that looks like a little yellow picture. Click on that one and it should open a window and you paste your Copied URL from the photobucket site into the window on flytalk and press the okay button. You will see that the URL is placed in your message but starts with [IMG: or something.
    f. Repeat the above three steps for all your other photo steps and then submit the message.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    2,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    These are the steps that need to be done:



    1) Take photos of flies while tying
    2) Load Photos onto computer and resize them properly.
    3) Create an account on www.photobucket.com – just go to the site and look for the link that says “register” or “create account” or something like that. It is free to register but you must register to upload photos.
    4) Now you must upload the photos to photobucket. There should be an “upload” button that you must press and then it will ask you to find the files on your computer and you click on them to upload them. This takes a bit of time but eventually it finishes and asks you to add comments to each photo. I just go to the bottom and click on “return to album” and then it shows you all the photos that you have uploaded, and under each of the photos it shows you the Direct Link to the photo which is a long thing like www.photobucket.com.blah.blah.
    5) Now you go to flytalk and you start writing your step by step in a new post as follows
    a. Put the name of the fly and then a description of what it is used for and how you fish it etc.
    b. Put the recipe of the materials needed
    c. The start with step 1 and type the description, eg “Place hook in vice”.
    d. Now you go back to your photobucket page and look for the picture of your step 1. Under the picture you click on the URL underneath that says “Direct Link” and highlight the whole URL and press CTRL-C (ie copy).
    e. Now you go back to your flytalk page and look at the bit where you write the message. Just above it there are a bunch of buttons for editing the message. There is one that looks like a little yellow picture. Click on that one and it should open a window and you paste your Copied URL from the photobucket site into the window on flytalk and press the okay button. You will see that the URL is placed in your message but starts with [IMG: or something.
    f. Repeat the above three steps for all your other photo steps and then submit the message.
    100%. Only to expand on your point d. You don't even have to highlight, CTRL C etc. Just clicking in the block, a little yellow message will pop up saying "Copied", so it actually does it for you, just clicking in there.

    Point E, the icon you're talking about is this one

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    THANX A MILLION. But on photobucket, if you want to resize, what size is used to get below 100kb? for flytalk.

    PLEASE.

    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Parys, Free State
    Posts
    10,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    THANX A MILLION. But on photobucket, if you want to resize, what size is used to get below 100kb? for flytalk.

    PLEASE.

    DAVE
    Dave,

    I resize before uploading to P-bucket.

    Way back I downloaded an application to resize my foto's.I got the info from Maximus's website.

    Some or other MS application

    G

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Dave,

    I resize before uploading to P-bucket.

    Way back I downloaded an application to resize my foto's.I got the info from Maximus's website.

    Some or other MS application

    G
    HI Gerrit, normally I have to crop my pics to the required size on the Ulead program, but i cant seem to resize here. Say pic is once downloaded from my camera it is 450kb. I then have to crop half the pic to fall below 100kb. Would it not just be easier for me to upload full pic to p/bucket and thewn resize.?

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    2,685

    Default

    With photobucket, you're not subjected to the 100kb Flytalk limit as the images are not hosted on Flytalk, but rather on Photobucket.

    I resize my pics down to 800x600 and on medium JPEG quanity. This usually makes each pic around 70kb or so.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Same here...in Microsoft Office Picture Manager you resize
    a) edite picture
    b) Change Picture Size
    c) Compress Pictures
    d) Choose 'web pages'

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mandurah, WA
    Posts
    2,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HI Gerrit, normally I have to crop my pics to the required size on the Ulead program, but i cant seem to resize here. Say pic is once downloaded from my camera it is 450kb. I then have to crop half the pic to fall below 100kb. Would it not just be easier for me to upload full pic to p/bucket and thewn resize.?

    Dave
    Dave, download this MS App. Right click on any picture and simply choose resize and the size (sml, med or lrg).

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    With photobucket, you're not subjected to the 100kb Flytalk limit as the images are not hosted on Flytalk, but rather on Photobucket.

    I resize my pics down to 800x600 and on medium JPEG quanity. This usually makes each pic around 70kb or so.
    O.K. got that. One last stupid question, when one clicks on the link of the pic, it copies automatically, but the complete url is not displayed, only part thereof.(the beggining)
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Dave, download this MS App. Right click on any picture and simply choose resize and the size (sml, med or lrg).

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe
    Will do Rendier. Hope it helps.

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •