Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The most interesting fish I have chowed..

Once braaied a Klipvis in some tinfoil and beer...Quite nice as well!
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    In Rhodesia whilst in the forces, a 7.62 copper jacketed "fly" caught a LS Yellow from the Sabi River in winter.
    I think that the 7.62 fly can do some real damage, and it is realy hard to revive fish that you wish to release, but Kudu eat them as well , and I belive there are lots of "Fishers" that wouldn't mind drifting a couple in the direction of mr Robert M , if they had the opertunity...........
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Came close to eating Balut, or the vietnames version of it at least, in May. COuldnt quite do it though but I doubt there's too many things more vile than that.
    Check your knots!

Yerssss....

Requires guts of titanium to keep the plumbing from throwing a wobbly.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of his government.

Broek snoek!!!! still the best I ever had.

Hope they were hen and not cock fish?

++

We had a braai today for some of the school ground staff who had a recent bad experience. They've been asking me for yonks for a couple of carp from our dam. We did the honours, but I didn't get a chance to leave the fish to 'cleanse' in my bathwater, vinegar or milk so the fish did taste/smell a tad like a combo oily-looking swampmud/Herman's socks after a heavy's heavy summer wading/swimming.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Hope they were hen and not cock fish?

++

We had a braai today for some of the school ground staff who had a recent bad experience. They've been asking me for yonks for a couple of carp from our dam. We did the honours, but I didn't get a chance to leave the fish to 'cleanse' in my bathwater, vinegar or milk so the fish did taste/smell a tad like a combo oily-looking swampmud/Herman's socks after a heavy's heavy summer wading/swimming.

Should have soaked 'em socks in some Nigria Rum or Cobus' Wine....in a broken poitjie...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2