Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Macassor R&S all nighter this coming w/e

MY only excitement was

1: getting lost in Monwabisi by myself at 5am!!

2: me thinking I had a pull ... I did .. but the pull was from Mr Shelton catching my line!!! ... HA HA!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

We decided to give the all nighter a miss but Gary and I met up with Eduard at 04.30 am on Sunday instead. Jasper joined us just before first light.

Eduard had a bit of 'fun' with a few barbel shortly after arriving and I caught a puffadder skaamie, but that was it. Nobody else caught anything from what we could see. All the conditions seemed favourable, barometer was sky high, sea was warm, colour wasn't too bad, but I think the South Westerly wind from the day before could have moved the fish more to the Gordons Bay side. We fished in deadstill conditions and the bit of South Easter that we anticipated didn't arrive. SE wind usually brings the fish in to that part of the bay. Anyway, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    MY only excitement was

1: getting lost in Monwabisi by myself at 5am!!

2: me thinking I had a pull ... I did .. but the pull was from Mr Shelton catching my line!!! ... HA HA!!!
    Jasper provided some great entertainment with a 20 metre dash for his rod that an olympic sprinter would have been proud of
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Booger Rose Banned User

Ja nee, Jasper made us proud in the way he set off to tackle the big fish - had to wake him up one way or another.

ESA also didn't do good on Saterday at Strand. They only got 14 fish - don't know what though, I only saw photo of a St Joseph. Don't think any edibles came out. Difficult day in the surf all round, exept for the surfers, heard they had a joll in the big waves.

Hey there guys, I have started a new social group open to all for Rock & Surf fishing. If any of you guys are interested in joining us when we head out to places like Macassor for the odd all-nighter, please pop in from time to time for news on any forthcoming planned excursions.

Looking ahead at the weather for this coming weekend, it looks like Saturday night is going to be a very pleasant evening, with very little wind to speak of and light scattered cloud cover. Minimum temperature will be 14 deg C in the early hours of the morning and the barometer is going to be dead steady throughout the night. The next dip is only expected on Sunday afternoon as a front moves through. Low tide is going to be at about 11pm and high tide at about 05h00 on Sunday morning.

I'm dead keen to do a all nighter at Macassor and would like to put a group of about 6 R&S anglers together to join me. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Looking ahead at the weather for this coming weekend, it looks like Saturday night is going to be a very pleasant evening, with very little wind to speak of and light scattered cloud cover. Minimum temperature will be 14 deg C in the early hours of the morning and the barometer is going to be dead steady throughout the night. The next dip is only expected on Sunday afternoon as a front moves through. Low tide is going to be at about 11pm and high tide at about 05h00 on Sunday morning.

I'm dead keen to do a all nighter at Macassor and would like to put a group of about 6 R&S anglers together to join me. Anyone interested?
    Eisch Chris. Would LOVE to. Orange River trip this weekend (pay off for sacrificing Bells Festival )

For sure I'm in on the next one
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Booger Rose Banned User

Chris, would love to join you but have just booked a Jhb weekend. I'm sure you're gonna pick something up this weekend, few kabeljoutjies have started to come on the bite. Remeber to put the shad back - season opens in December again. Youre gonna have a joll, enjoy.

Watch out for the Great Whites, heard they hunting on the beaches these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    Chris, would love to join you but have just booked a Jhb weekend. I'm sure you're gonna pick something up this weekend, few kabeljoutjies have started to come on the bite. Remeber to put the shad back - season opens in December again. Youre gonna have a joll, enjoy.

Watch out for the Great Whites, heard they hunting on the beaches these days!
    Thanks Eduard. Following the reports of kob coming out on my side of the coast, I may decide to concentrate my efforts between Kreeftebaai and the Melkbos slip instead. Maybe leave the all nighter for the time being until after you get back.

Booger Rose Banned User

Chris, that might be a good idea to fish on the western side. I will go and check out when I get back from Jhb, maybe next weekend can be a go.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast