Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Macassor R&S all nighter this coming w/e

Booger Rose Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Hey there guys, I have started a new social group open to all for Rock & Surf fishing. If any of you guys are interested in joining us when we head out to places like Macassor for the odd all-nighter, please pop in from time to time for news on any forthcoming planned excursions.
    Being stupid is a big problem I have. How do I join a social group and how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    Being stupid is a big problem I have. How do I join a social group and how does it work?
    Go 'quick links' then 'social groups', select the group you are interested in. The R&S group is open to all, so you don't need to be sent a private invitation to join.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

open check book is always a good option.....sorry
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Booger Rose Banned User

Just something to remember for our next Macassar outing. Yet another shooting: http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic....618&forum_id=1

The good news is that there is kob coming out, so we must put something together in the next couple of weeks.

This weekend is Eikendal Eduard ... but let's work on next weekend ... either Friday or Saturday night
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Booger Rose Banned User

Another caal to be extra carefull out there, this goes for Blakes and Strand as well.

This is an e-mail from 'Overberg Angling' Message:
    Hi Everyone

It saddens me to send this e mail, but we have to warn all anglers to be very carefull.

Just received a call from Wep who was fishing at Macassar today with his dad, Wynand and Brood. They went looking for bigger cob at 2e Baai as the small cobs were biting like crazy at the other spots in Macassar. They got to 2e Baai at 6am and went back to their car at 6.45 to see that it has been broken in to. 2 Windows were smashed and everything inside was stolen - loomis Rod with Saltis reel, wallets, sunglasses, tackle box, car radio - even the spare bait box!!

According to the SAP there have been a few reported cases of armed robbery in the area lately as well. Seems a few people are doing early affirmative Xmas shopping and targeting soft targets. One of our favourite angling spots have just become unsfe again....

Please guys - never go fish alone, and preferably try to fish within sight of your vehicles.

Regards,

Stefano
    Overberg Angling

Booger Rose Banned User

For those who want to do a bit of R&S in False Bay. The Sealine forum has set up a group to fish in safety on Thursday evening. Security is organised as well and we are going to Wolfgat - next to Monwabisi on the Strandfontein side. Meet up at 20:00 and fish till 11 or 12. PM me for more details.

If you canot make this we must maybe try to do an all-niter at Monwabisi over the week-end. Weather at the moment is super fantastic for fishing and the south Easter is good for cob to come out.
    Last edited by Booger Rose; 10-12-08 at 09:04 AM.

Jasper, Eduard, Gary and I enjoyed a most pleasurable evening together at Macassor last night, landing and releasing numerous small kob in the early hours of the morning. The highlight of the evening was Jaspers boerie rolls at 2am, just before the action started. Thanks guys, I really enjoyed our time together.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Booger Rose Banned User

Ja, thanks guys. was realy a great evening. Wind started out bad but died down after 02:00, then the mozzies taking a few bites, but the fishing was lekker. I think Jasper took the most Cobbies! Nothing beats a kabeljoubyt, they just take the bait and wake you up real fast!

When we do this again?

When we do this again?
    Soon, very soon!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast