Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally I can start Tying...

Would that then be the third special moment of both of your tying/fishing careers?
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Dear Shammers, as the guys say, first fish on your own tied fly is something to be savoured for the balance of your life.

Treasure the moment!

I remember mine, many yonks ago, and the memory of it gives me more satisfaction than would any 100lb tarpon or 100 yellows caught within five minutes..
    I went to Mias this weekend and bought some storage "systems" as they call them...catalogued all the material...so now it is time to tie some flies...I will keep everyone posted....who knows...maybe there will be some cool pics of my finger accidently tied to the shank of a hook...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Yup, you two could have been twins - goldilocks and rapunzel
    Don't you mean Q-Ball and ChromeDome ?

Lekker Shamwari, once you start tying ... you're really screwed ... for life.

Say goodbye to all your spare cash, time, personality, friends, girlfriends, etc.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Don't you mean Q-Ball and ChromeDome ?

Lekker Shamwari, once you start tying ... you're really screwed ... for life.

Say goodbye to all your spare cash, time, personality, friends, girlfriends, etc.
    Scythe, you are so right, already went and bought some items, a handfull of items...almost R400 bucks.....
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I went to Mias this weekend and bought some storage "systems" as they call them...catalogued all the material...
    you are scaring me Shammo!! .... anally retentive already!!!!... ALL my stuff resides in a large black box .... "catalogue se ma!!!!"
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    you are scaring me Shammo!! .... anally retentive already!!!!... ALL my stuff resides in a large black box .... "catalogue se ma!!!!"
    I think it is the Planner is me Jas, I am extremely systems orientated....things must be organised....

You use a big black box....hope you paid MWEB some royalties hey!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123