Thread: Aluminium boat 3.8m

Default Aluminium boat 3.8m

Hey Guys,
    I have a 3.8 meter aluminium boat with its own high-speed, licenced trailer that's just cluttering the lawn up. It'll take a 25hp outboard, but I've used it with a Chrysler 15hp. The craft is ideal for larger fresh waters and estuary/bay fishing. Nothing fancy about it... no trim, no garry glitter, just all-alumimium mainainence-free construction. It's a hardy craft. I bought it for a planned Okavanga trip that never took place. Any Offers on 6K?

(hey pierre... if I sell it, 10% goes to flytalk)

Does it have any foam filled compartments or any type of buoyancy? If not, it cannot be licenced and therefore will not be legally allowed on any SA waterway. Unfortunatly the new rules declare vessels worthless that don't meet the new requirements.

It has 2 aluminium sheet cross-bulkheads, (that double as seats) and provide for floatation. They can be filled either with foam or sealed polycontainers. The tops of the seats are aluminium sheeting secured by pop rivets. I could bring it up to licencing specs in a morning.

Hi Wolf

Do you mind taking a pic of the deck config and mailing it to moi or posting it on the forum. I am interested in the boat.

What nick is the trailer in?

I'll pm you my address.

Thanks
    Byron
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re