Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very innovative patterns

1. Default Very innovative patterns

Have a look at these - when I have time one day I NEED to tie and tests them!!

http://ukflydressing.proboards47.com...ay&thread=1800

http://ukflydressing.proboards47.com...ay&thread=1980
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

2. Default

Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Hi
    I tie the F&K caddis, Klinkhamer etc, that way or similar as well.

It helps to get the tippet subsurface, much quicker. You never have the tippet throwing a "shadow" or leaving a foot print.

The eye of the hook forces the tippet under the water. WIth the surface tension broken the rest of the tippet easily disappears below the surface. Especially fishing with Fluoro carbon as tippet only. The rest of the mono leader wont pull you fly under.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Sweet flies these!

I gave it a bash this evening - good fun!

Chekit:
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

5. Default

Good one Grant!

I'm super keen to see how these fair in the hooking dept. I'm sure they'll get mega-takes, still not sure of their hooking ability
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Sweet flies these!

I gave it a bash this evening - good fun!

Chekit:
    That'll work for sure. Remember to degrease your tippet!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Nice one Grant. What did you use for the body?
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Mario i am also sceptical of the hookups but only because the dressing goes too far round the bend.

Rudolph the body is made from a stripped grizzly hackle quill.
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

forgot to say, that is why i have tied mine further up the bend.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Mario i am also sceptical of the hookups but only because the dressing goes too far round the bend.

Rudolph the body is made from a stripped grizzly hackle quill.
    If you are out on the water before me and fish this pattern, please let me know - sorry to use you as bunny
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast