Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Very innovative patterns

I don't see why the hook-ups will be an issue..... looks like a killer!

Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    I don't see why the hook-ups will be an issue..... looks like a killer!
    The fly will basically be riding point down, and is slightly obscured by the hackles. Only tests on the rivers will give us the answer. I'm still pretty sure you'll get many many takes on that though .... MANY!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    If you are out on the water before me and fish this pattern, please let me know - sorry to use you as bunny
    I surely will but methinks it will be a while before i'll be using dries on the rivers.

Early season is perfect time for CZN!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

The fly will basically be riding point down, and is slightly obscured by the hackles. Only tests on the rivers will give us the answer. I'm still pretty sure you'll get many many takes on that though .... MANY!!
    Use CDC its soft, no problem with hook up.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Tied a couple last night. Took a while to get use to tying the hackle on...felt like I was working left handed Pretty happy with the result. Grant, the stripped grizzly hackle quils work great as a segmented body. Great tip,thanks.
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

I remeber an Upside-Down parachute fly Chris Shelton did a while back. Chris any chance of posting another pic/SBS?
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Also tied a few. Keen to try them out in my backyard pond this weekend. Tied on a grip 14 emerger hook. Will try and post a few pics.

Have a look at these Micronymphs - very nice - the materials and technique look interesting ...

http://www.flytying.ro/masa_muscarul...cle.php?id=263

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

If you are out on the water before me and fish this pattern, please let me know - sorry to use you as bunny
    Finally got to test the upside down fly. Looked good on the water. Missed the first 2 takes on it and caught one before the hackle came loose. The 2 I missed could be due to the fish swimming towards me when hitting the fly.
    Rudolph
    Confucius

Have a look at these Micronymphs - very nice - the materials and technique look interesting ...

http://www.flytying.ro/masa_muscarul...cle.php?id=263

That is very small.

On the upside down fly. I'm not an expert on dry flies (nor any other) but will this not resolve the problem that was mentioned in one of the other threads where a concern was raised about the tippet being visible on still water?
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing" - Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2