Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Sweet Mike!

Thanks for the info- I would like to try and get out there tomorrow evening if possible- will definitely give you a call if I go- must just sort out one or two things at the office today

Hi Kevin

Mikeh has summed it up about, I previosly had success on both sides of Surfside( couple of times even fortunate to catch on both sides in one session), but prefer the slipway's side, living 3 min walk from Blake's I go when I feel like it for half an hour to an hour at a time and don't allways go out on to the reefs unless the tides are running right and I have the time to spend. With a S Easter pumping I tend to go to the left of the swimmingpool either from the rocks/wading or beach all depending on the tide.

If its monsters you want you must go out on to the reef, Juan C can tell you allot more about the spots cause he frequents the reef often.

Thanks Bokoms- I reckon we should try organise a bit of a get together at Blakes sometime for all the guys who are keen.

Kevin
    Pick a time when the tide is low over a weekend and I am sure you will get some takers. You can count me in.

We most defnitly must organise a "fish" together! Got 2 again this afternoon arround 5 on the same Pencil Popper,but it almost seems as though there's just one school of fish arround, action lasted only 3-4 casts before they were gone!

Bokoms
    I will be going to Blakes this afternoon. Hope to get there at between 3:30 to 4:00. Anybody else interested I would enjoy the company. See me there or get me on my cell as I am logging off now. It is after all a Friday afternoon.

Hi Guys, I was at Blakes this morning Sat at 6:00. Second cast and a Leerie smashed the pencil popper, line tightened and the fish was off. I suspect a hook problem. Need to get hold of some circular hooks. Next hour I had chase after chase. Missed a really big one as it chased my fly right up to the last strip, saw its head as it turned away. I varied my retrieves but couldn't hook a fish. I was fishing from the beach. Even though I didn't land any fish it was exhilarating. Perfect morning. Mist, no wind, quiet beach, lovely stuff. I'll be back next Saturday morning at 5:00. Any care to join ?

They do seem to like to pencil popper. I changed to a flipper and not even a chase. Changed back to a pencil popper and had chases again. Hey bokoms how about putting a recipy together to tie a pencil popper on a circular hook. I am new to tying so need all the help I can get.

BTW: What would you guys recommend as good saltwater fishing gloves. My snowbees just dont do it. I tend to get a blister on my index finger, which make can make casting very difficult.
    Last edited by Pierre; 14-10-06 at 12:17 PM.

Hi Pierre

I was at Blakes as well this morning. I tried the left of the Hotel from the beach for a while and had little interest. I then moved across to the right an waded out as far as I could (too deep to get to the reef). I started with a pencil popper and the leeries decimated the poor thing. It ended up covered in toothmarks and no paint. I changed to a flipper and got one on the first cast. After that I got regular follows and bumps. Just then the mist cleared and all the activity went dead. This prompted me to go and watch my son playing cricket.

Yes I would be happy to meet you at blakes to fish and early morning suits me. Give me a shout.

Hi Mike, we must have just missed each other. I will let you know in the week. Hope the weather turns out as good as it was this morning. I havent tried to the right of the hotel much. Maybe you can show me Saturday.

Pierre

I am looking forward to it.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast