Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Well in this weeks local paper there is a photo of a guy with an 8kg Leerie caught off the reefs at strand. Looks like the season is on

So where are the SFF ? Why is this thread so quiet, how you okes havent gone soft

Aren't they all too busy queueing to buy WPFF raffle tickets?...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi Pierre,

I have been eyeing the weather for a while to cast the big rod, visited De Mond last weekend but the water was muddy brown (out going tide). The twins caught 7 white steenbras on bait, they had a ball.
    Last edited by cptfly; 09-10-08 at 02:05 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Well in this weeks local paper there is a photo of a guy with an 8kg Leerie caught off the reefs at strand. Looks like the season is on

So where are the SFF ? Why is this thread so quiet, how you okes havent gone soft

could ask the same thing about YOU my friend!!! - we are all waiting for YOUR reports
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Ill hopefully be döwn over the wend...agent smith is planning on going deeeeep undercover...
    Last edited by swsmith; 09-10-08 at 06:53 PM.
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Thumbs up

hey , Pierre
    Also looking forward to some saltwater at Blakes.Fishing members comp at Lourensford on Sat and maybe Eikendal on Sun.Wine Festival at Eikendal on Sun afternoon with live music to entertain the trout.
    Will check tides for some late afternoon saltwater action next week.
    If you throw a line this weekend give us some feedback please as i also saw that article on the 8kg leerie caught on spinner near the jetty and has got my juices flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Aren't they all too busy queueing to buy WPFF raffle tickets?...
    Naaahhh Chris, methinks they are all sneaking up to the Vaal to fish the spawn, so they can say they have caught something.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Naaahhh Chris, methinks they are all sneaking up to the Vaal to fish the spawn, so they can say they have caught something.
    now THAT is nasty!!!! .... I WILL one day catch one of your damn Higher Grade Carp on a fly!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    now THAT is nasty!!!! .... I WILL one day catch one of your damn Higher Grade Carp on a fly!!!
    Ou Boet,

Next time you feel the urge to get out of the rain and wind, I promise to take you to a stream ( similar to your own backyard ), where I can almost garuantee at least a SM, if not a LM yellow as well.
    You will have to leave the 000 at home though, although the water is small, the fish are big.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Good news! I've been hearing a few rumours of leeries on the prowl. Good luck guys!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast