Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Eksie bang vir die see nie, eks bang vir die haaie
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Eksie bang vir die see nie, eks bang vir die haaie

Ek dreig nou al vir tyd om te gaan. As jy wil sal ek jou biedjie wys waar en hoe en hoe om om die haaie te swem

Cheers

Yes, ek's altyd ampt, laat weet my wanner dit jou pas om te gaan swem
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

O, hell en bliksem..... (jammer kinders en almal)... Julle gaan hell toe nou dat julle die "plek wat ons nie mag noem nie" nou genoem en "ge-hilite" nogal.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Below is a Google image, we fish both to the left and right of the Pavillion, from the beach on a high tide and out on the reefs when the tides allow it. I use a 10wt with Intermediate line, 8 and 9wt will do.

Morning Phillip,

I read in a fly fishing magazine recently that leeries are caught on a clouser pattern trailing a popper. Have anyone tried this at Blakes and perhaps caught something? Furthermore, wind is always a factor... How far do you normally cast for the fish, 30m,20m or stock standard 15m? (if you are blind casting)

Thanks for the pics.

Regards
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

Hi Barend,

That technique works at times when the fish are just chasing surface flies. In general the fish come in close depending on tide, water surface (choppy being better), water colour (should have some colour, not crystal clear).

It helps to cover as much water as possible with your casting, it helps to cast 20m + consistently.

Blakes circa 1960

Neil, Lovely photo. Place has really gone to the dogs. Look at all that farm land! and i am sure healthy marine life, man i can just dream what Blakes would have fished like.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Barend,

That technique works at times when the fish are just chasing surface flies. In general the fish come in close depending on tide, water surface (choppy being better), water colour (should have some colour, not crystal clear).

It helps to cover as much water as possible with your casting, it helps to cast 20m + consistently.
    Thanks Phillip,

Appreciate the advice. I have caught leeries there on spinner baits, but never on fly - a new challenge...

Regards
    Barend Badenhorst

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~by Chuck Clark~

We fished Blakes last night from 18:30 - 20:00. We picked up 6 Leeries, all small fish. A black Clouser took 5 fish and hooked 3 more. Water temp was around 20 degrees, high tide was at 19:41 and the wind 15 knots Southerly.

We fished the section at the slipway.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast