Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Maybe when the south easter has blown for a few days Blakes will start happening. Water needs to warm up.

Went down to the Duiwenhoks River and Hermanus Lagoon over the weekend, but there was no action except for lots of mullet. Water temperature 14 to 15 degrees. I think things will start happening at 16 to 17 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    Hi Pierre

I do a bit of R&S in the area, not on to the reefs, and the water is still baie deurmekaar. The one day warm and the next ice cold. still waiting for the summerfish to start and show - a few gallies and kolsterte has come out, and then one or two steenies for the guys who realy tried hard in the right areas. I don't think anything major will pick up before beginning September. ESA picked up one Kabeljou two or so weeks ago - 80 angler showing 12 or 16 fish - mostly sharkies.

This weather is also not helping right now. But will keep close eye on when somethings starts to show.
    Yes the water is still very dirty. It looked like things were warming up but after this weekend it looks like winter is still here. I heard of snow in Ceres. Well time to get your fly box sorted, i have a few killer patterns i want in my box, the old pencil popper (white and red)remains a winner at Blakes, i've caught so many on that fly. Hope to see you down there sometime

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Maybe when the south easter has blown for a few days Blakes will start happening. Water needs to warm up.

Went down to the Duiwenhoks River and Hermanus Lagoon over the weekend, but there was no action except for lots of mullet. Water temperature 14 to 15 degrees. I think things will start happening at 16 to 17 degrees.
    Did someone say mullet?
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Hi,
    Just got sent some pics of wat Kusweg/Beach road looked like on Monday..hectic!!!!
    What I am wondering is how this massive storm will afect the future fishing along there. There must be loads of new gullies that have been opened up and ohter structure that has been closed?
    Cheers,
    KarelM

Is Blakes beach going to be any good for tomorrow or is the sea still to dirty?

Any help - Booger / Pierre.

Quote Originally Posted by Buf Aloe View Post
    Is Blakes beach going to be any good for tomorrow or is the sea still to dirty?

Any help - Booger / Pierre.
    Was thinking the same, high tide early the morning and then just after sunset again, so tomorrow could be a good day to go and check it out

Booger Rose Banned User

You will pick up something in the gullies that were opened up in the storm but...
    1.There is a lot of food in the water now, so it might be difficult to get a fish to look at something if there is a lot of it in any case in the water.
    2. Sea is still lekker wild , so if you go on the reefs, look out for the number 5 or 7 wave.
    3. Are you gonna ff? Don't know if the shad and leeries have arived yet. Starting to get mixed mesages from Hermanus etc. but I think you might still be about two weeks early to pick something up.
    4. I hope I'm wrong in all regards and you have a pis good day out there catching hundreds of newly arived fish on any colour fly you want to chuck out there.

I'm thinking of going to Macassar Beach on Sunday to check it out on that side, but not to ff, will do a bit of R&S.

Booger Rose Banned User

Buf Aloe

I just drove past Blakes and Strand, it don't look good. Forget a about casting a fly there, you can spend your time much better trying to hook a troot at Eikendal. Few okes standing there trying with bait, maybe they wil pick up a Gallie or Kolstert, but I dont see anything happening there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    Buf Aloe

I just drove past Blakes and Strand, it don't look good. Forget a about casting a fly there, you can spend your time much better trying to hook a troot at Eikendal. Few okes standing there trying with bait, maybe they wil pick up a Gallie or Kolstert, but I dont see anything happening there soon.
    Thanks for the heads up Booger,
    Will try a bit trout in the morning and maybe take some snaps at Blakes in the afternoon.

This SE has cleaned the water up a bit at Blakes. I was down there last night, just enjoying the sunset. The water temp is up to 17. I'd say a few more weeks of SE and we are in for a thing. Think i'll have my first go at it in the next week or so.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast