Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Hi Phillip,

What material did you use for the gills? We are planning to move to SW soon then we must hook up for some fishing.

Cheers
    Dieter

Hi Philip,

How come this revived thread didn't end up on the recent threads section where people would find it (or did I just miss it?).

As a non-capetonian and a newbie to saltwater fly-fishing I have one stupid question: Where is Blake's Beach? And another: Do the Leeries only feed there at high tide?

Quote Originally Posted by db1047 View Post
    Hi Phillip,

What material did you use for the gills? We are planning to move to SW soon then we must hook up for some fishing.

Cheers
    Dieter
    Hi Dieter,

It is red Polar Fiber, stacked below the hook shank and trimmed with the body.

Hi Mike,

Blakes is to the left of the Strand Pavillion, the stretch of beach meeting the reefs 300m towards Gordons Bay. The pushing tide is better, saying this the water temp should be in the region of 20 degrees celcius. I will post a Google earth pic with more information soon. When you are around pop in and I will draw you a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    Hi Philip,

How come this revived thread didn't end up on the recent threads section where people would find it (or did I just miss it?).

As a non-capetonian and a newbie to saltwater fly-fishing I have one stupid question: Where is Blake's Beach? And another: Do the Leeries only feed there at high tide?

Hi Guys,

Picked up 3 Leeries on Monday evening, with one fish in the 70cm range. Saw some 80cm + fish. All fish taken on a black and white clouser, this after the fish only looked at chartreuse clouser, white woolhead mullet and a flipper.

Hey Phillip where is Blakes Beach? Somerset?
    What setup were you fishing with?
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Below is a Google image, we fish both to the left and right of the Pavillion, from the beach on a high tide and out on the reefs when the tides allow it. I use a 10wt with Intermediate line, 8 and 9wt will do.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Picked up 3 Leeries on Monday evening, with one fish in the 70cm range. Saw some 80cm + fish. All fish taken on a black and white clouser, this after the fish only looked at chartreuse clouser, white woolhead mullet and a flipper.
    Great news, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Phillip. Sal bietjie gaan try daar.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Thanks Phillip. Sal bietjie gaan try daar.
    Daryl, jy's 'n Vaalie man...pasop tog net vir daai groot dam wat hulle die see noem.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast