Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

Hi Pierre and Mike

Glad to hear that more people are joining in the fun, it realy looks and sounds like its gonna be a spectacular season. Regarding the gloves have a look at the "Sun Gloves", Sean Mills intoduced me to it and I never leave home with out them, just as nice for a day on the Smallblaar.

If somebody can help me with setting up/how do I go about it, to get the images on to the site, I'll tie up and provide the recipe for the Pencil Popper with the circle hooks( anybody who knows where I can find jumbo Mylar Tubing? , fresh out and can't find any where.)

Hi Bokoms, thanks for the info on the gloves. You can type out the recipe in any word processor and zip it up with the images and mail it to me ( info@flytalk.co.za . I will load it up under Saltwater Flies. Thanks in advance

Hi Pierre

Just waiting for my Mylar Tubing order to arive, hopefully before the weekend so that I can start tying....will keep you posted.

Hey chaps- I am going to fish Blakes this evening. If anyone is keen to join me then please feel free to do so!
    Last edited by KevinC; 19-10-06 at 09:41 AM. Reason: .

Kevin

Sounds like an idea hard to refuse. May well see you there.

Damn Mike! I knew I shouldn't have posted such a comment that early in the morning As things go, I am now consulting with a client at, wait for it, 18:00... gotto love working for a salary!

Eish, its going to be perfect there tonight- light little s'easter just to cool one down; and after all the pumping south east this week the water at Blakes should be as warm as Mozam and the leeries will probably go insanely mad there tonight... so you must go, its going to be epic, always is when Im tied up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Damn Mike! I knew I shouldn't have posted such a comment that early in the morning As things go, I am now consulting with a client at, wait for it, 18:00... gotto love working for a salary!

Eish, its going to be perfect there tonight- light little s'easter just to cool one down; and after all the pumping south east this week the water at Blakes should be as warm as Mozam and the leeries will probably go insanely mad there tonight... so you must go, its going to be epic, always is when Im tied up!
    Eish Kevin, shall i get the next round of cheesecake and rooibos? My heart bleeds for you mate!

Hi Kevin

Joined up with Mike and a buddy of mine, you missed nothing....dead quit!!! Phillip went out on the reef but I don't know if he even caught something.... Cheese cake and Rooibos would have been a better option.

Hi Kevin
    Yes, Bokoms is correct, all you missed was some casting practise and a lovely evening. At one stage I was thinking of going across to the hotel and having a beer to enjoy the sunset. Phillip arrived a little later and went onto the reef. I see in the catch report that he was guilty of molestation in the elf nursery school. Even the local seal was out to stop the infanticide. He He!

Just jealous that you got something Phillip.

Hey chaps- still sounds like it was an awesome evening for some casting practice! Typically, client cancelled at the last minute, so I ended up drowning my sorrows at La Med... was an awesome evening at least.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast