Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Blakes Beach

The water looks really good this morning, its still a little bit sandy but def fishable. Lots of Kob coming out in the strand area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    The water looks really good this morning, its still a little bit sandy but def fishable. Lots of Kob coming out in the strand area.

Chris S, Boogers ... hope you are taking note of THIS!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Booger Rose Banned User

Has anybody fished Blakes recently. Thinking of going to cast a fly this weekend.

weather for sunday does'nt look too bad. light southerly wind when i checked earlier. go for it
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thinking of Sat morning.What are the tides doing?

I arrived at 6 yesterday morning in the Strand, low tide was 06:30. First stop was at Blakes, the South easter was blowing at 15 km's an hour, with the water colour not great. Looked for some sharks and rays but nothing. Water temp. here was around 16 degrees C.

Then I went around to the slip and out on the reef. The wind picked up a bit which made casting difficult from that side. Again water visibilty wasn't great. Geoff joined me at this stage. After 30 mins. I decided to call it quits. At the beach we found a gulley where the water colour was a bit better and warmer.

On the 3rd. cast I had a solid take, then for the next 1.5 hours the fishing was on. Landed 4 Leeries with the one below the better fish. Several other hookups and takes.

All fish was taken on an # 1/0 Olive Clouser with a single handed fast strip. Fish weren't interested in anything that was fishing on top or just below. Also fouled a Bullnose mullet.

That is an awesome fish. Well done. Good to see things happening at Blakes again.
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..

Nice one dude. It looks awefully shallow where you are . Did you hook him there or in deeper water and walk back?
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Hi Jason,

All fish took the fly further out, close to the line where the dirty water met the cleaner water.

Awesome fish! what weight rods were you guys using?? I am thinkin of trying out my new rod there this weekend. Can one catch all the way along the reef and the beach???

Cheers

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast