Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The CPS - Bell's Fly Fishing Festival 2008: Friday 24th October to Sunday 26th Octobe

Thumbs up The CPS - Bell's Fly Fishing Festival 2008: Friday 24th October to Sunday 26th Octobe

The Cape Piscatorial Society - Bell's Fly Fishing Festival is the Western Cape's Premier Fly Fishing Event! It offers participants a golden opportunity to be guided by some of the best anglers in the Western Cape including Protea and Provincial team members. The festival caters for anglers who are new to stream fishing as well as more experienced anglers who are keen to shake the dust off their gear. It's also an ideal opportunity for all the up country fly fishers to come down and experience fly fishing for wild trout in water that you can drink In particular, if you are one of those newcomers to the sport or have been intimidated at the thought of fishing the streams, then this is a weekend that you don't want to miss.

The event starts on Friday evening (18H00) at Merwida Lodge in Rawsonville with registration, guide/beat draw, followed by dinner. The Saturday morning starts with an early breakfast and then a full day of guided fishing (with packed lunch) for wild rainbow trout on the Elandspad, Smalblaar and Holsloot rivers. The festivities continue at Merwida Lodge on Saturday evening, with a prize giving, dinner and Bell's whisky tasting. The prizes are kindly donated by Bell's and many other fly fishing related companies and individuals. Sunday morning starts with a hangover breakfast and guests can then either fish a beat on one of the rivers unguided, or head home early to recover.

Please note this event is open to any fly fisherman or woman. Children older than 14 are permitted but must be accompanied by an adult. Partners/children (older than 14) of participants who do not fish are most welcome but will be required to pay the full price. All fishing participants should have the following to ensure an enjoyable day:

- 2wt – 4wt rod with matching reel and floating line
    - a selection of dry flies and nymphs
    - hat and sunblock
    - quick drying long pants (not jeans)
    - wading boots or shoes with good ankle support
    - daypack to carry lunch and drinks

Costs will be: R850 per person sharing, inclusive of accommodation at Merwida Lodge and other venues around Rawsonville [Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights], guided fishing on the Saturday including a packed lunch. Considering that a single day guided fishing on the Cape Streams will usually cost around R1500, this event with its added accommodation, food and prizes is extremely good value for money! As this event is extremely popular and usually oversubscribed, full payment must be made by the 30th September 2008 to secure your place. To book your place, please contact Jean or Elizabeth on 021 424 7725 or email cpsoc@netactive.co.za
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

oohhh i gotta do one of these.....just can't find somebody to share a room with beause of the snoring. no seriously, i'm trying to get my boet to come down. i've only heard good reports of this event. poor guide that draws me
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I'll be booking my spot tomorrow. I just hope I make it to the river the next day. Rols, I don't think anyone will have a problem with you sleeping outside in the bush somewhere... problem sorted

Quote Originally Posted by srt007 View Post
    I'll be booking my spot tomorrow. I just hope I make it to the river the next day. Rols, I don't think anyone will have a problem with you sleeping outside in the bush somewhere... problem sorted
    yip, that seems to be my spot i just spoke to my boet and i hope he can make it. sounds like a blast
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Definetly in on this one,was actually going to ask when it was happening this year,will phone CPS this week.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

I would love to take part in this. Does one have to be a CPS member to participate and if so what is the procedure to join up?

Quote Originally Posted by Buf Aloe View Post
    I would love to take part in this. Does one have to be a CPS member to participate and if so what is the procedure to join up?
    The event is open to anyone, you do not have to be a member of CPS to take part. One of the main ideas behind the event is to introduce new people to the streams.

Regards,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thank you Darryl, I will contact the necessary tomorrow.
    Regards, Peter

Its a really awesome festival and a great way to learn alot. Pity I will not be attending this year

If anyone needs any confirmation i'm sure EBF (eben) will be more than willing to oblige
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Not going to miss this one!
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast