Thread: Silver Strome

Default Silver Strome

Any body know the cost for day visitors for silver strome? do they have a website? is there accomodation(chalets or camping) there? and does anyone have GPS co-ords for it?

Last time I went R20.00 pppd. No facilities, no chalets but there are rudimentary ablution blocks. Camping and caravaning is allowed.

I see that you are looking for venues, go to your tackle shop and purchase a little booklet which shows all the venues on the upper Vaal with maps of how to get there as well as a brief description of the venue it'sself.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Last time I went R20.00 pppd. No facilities, no chalets but there are rudimentary ablution blocks. Camping and caravaning is allowed.

I see that you are looking for venues, go to your tackle shop and purchase a little booklet which shows all the venues on the upper Vaal with maps of how to get there as well as a brief description of the venue it'sself.
    Thanks will try get hold of that booklet..

Booger Rose Banned User

I think there is a fly fishing shop in the Blackheath Shopping centre, across from Cresta on Bayers Naude and we used to fish with them every week somewhere on the Vaal. The shop was/is run by Malcolm, think he fished for Gauteng in the SA's, and he will be a good option for Vaal info. Also nice to stock up from him for the trip. Unfortunately I don't have a contact number.

Blog Entries

Is it the called "Maakatoeri", think that is spelt right...if it is, get the one that is all about Vaal River venues....not Vaal Dam venues...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Yes, Makatoeri, I know the Mia's branches have updated ones. There is one for yellow Vaal flyfishing venues and one for yellow Vaal general fishing venues
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Is it the called "Maakatoeri", think that is spelt right...if it is, get the one that is all about Vaal River venues....not Vaal Dam venues...
    Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Yes, Makatoeri, I know the Mia's branches have updated ones. There is one for yellow Vaal flyfishing venues and one for yellow Vaal general fishing venues
    Thanks guys,

will check next time i go to a shop..