Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Angle between thread holder and blank ?

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    it all depends on the angle at which you sit in relation to your blank.
    now korrie or neil will probably try to explain the ratio between the angle at which you sit to the angle between the thread and blank
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    now korrie or neil will probably try to explain the ratio between the angle at which you sit to the angle between the thread and blank
    Simple solution - make the thread tensioner height adjustable KISS
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Eben

You are trying to complicate a very simple thing. Or are you collecting data for another spreadsheet?

Korrie

F=MA

Where F = force in N
    M = mass in kg
    a = acceleration

therefore M = F/A = 2N/9,81=0.2kg=200g

I suggested that a thread tension of up to 200g is acceptable. On reflection, I think this is still a bit much. The "so called correct" tension is achieved when one can still "move" or adjust the guide after wrapping (to facilitate final alignement of the guides, should this be necessary)

I always thought it was'nt a good idea to F with jou MA
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3