Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Garrick - location X2 near Bananaville

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    Now that is what i am talking about!!!
    Sorry, I didnt realize you were talking. Did I miss something?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Sorry, I didnt realize you were talking. Did I miss something?

it was something that I mentioned on a couple other treads previously, these fish are not dam fish and they will stuf you up one time
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Beautifull fish, what a catch, well done !!!!!! Flip I cant wait anymore

I personally view them as one of the most awesome fish around and would love to get one over a meter in the SURF. Comparable to an IGGIE, but so different...

Unfortunately they are being hammered here by guys live baiting them and selling them on the sly. The bag limit of 2 is a joke. Very well orchestrated poaching machine, from 4x4 with 5000l live bait wells to fish buyers picking up fish on the beach. Pity its not policed as it should.

Anyway enough preaching, more fishing - but releasing...!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    I personally view them as one of the most awesome fish around and would love to get one over a meter in the SURF. Comparable to an IGGIE, but so different...

Unfortunately they are being hammered here by guys live baiting them and selling them on the sly. The bag limit of 2 is a joke. Very well orchestrated poaching machine, from 4x4 with 5000l live bait wells to fish buyers picking up fish on the beach. Pity its not policed as it should.

Anyway enough preaching, more fishing - but releasing...!
    that grieves me into my deepest bone. Why on earthe would people want to do that? You can make 100 times more money out of tourism and fishing for them on fly and lure than you can make selling dead fish, just pisses me off!!!

I am not one to keep my mouth shut over these things and it has brought my into sh!t plenty of times, but sometimes it works and they pack their stuf and go.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

what a beautifull fish. congrats! They should be here soon. and hopefully after all the floods and open estuaries we will have a cracker of a season year in the cape. You durbies have all the fun.

That's a very nice garrick. What weight rod was it caught on?
    Last edited by Conrad Botes; 27-08-08 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    That's a very nice garrick. What weight rod was it caught on?
    I think 10wt Conrad, he said earlier that he is trading the 10 for the 12 the next day.

I am still green with envy and have sleepless night about BIG garrick spooling me.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Congratulations, that is a stunning fish.

What is the biggest Garrick on fly landed in the rock/surf environment in SA - with proof of course?

I know there has been some big fish from the "stillwaters" in the Cape as well as some good fish from Angola.

I have seen pic of a 32KG garrick caught on livebait of the Umgeni, which according to the tables must have been 1,5m long!

So aspiring to catch a 100cm fish is only going for a 10kg fish, a third of the size of that 32kg beaut and potentailly only a quarter of the size of the real BIG DADDY out there!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast