Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Cape Trout Syndicate - membership

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Dude! Get some harcore pap gooiers in there to catch most of the big carp. That should sort out most of it. Hell I will even come in there with some pap if need be and get some carp out.
    Might even be a good idea for the weekend. The weather does seem like it's going to play ball.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

If its carp you want to kill u need Sean Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I personally think the depth of the dam is not condusive to much shocking success, because I cant see big carp coming to the surface from 8 metres down, not in the space of time of a minute while they are in the shocked state.

If there is a gap in the weather, I hope to still give it a try, but my problem is that the fish are being stocked next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I dont want any more shocking to happen after they are in
    8 Metres is nice, trout should do well in that. Maybe get a license to use gill nets and donate carp to the hungry. The trout that you stock now wont be affected by the nets, depending on size you use.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoose View Post
    If its carp you want to kill u need Sean Mills.
    Now that is the truth. He is the Carp Master.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Ask Rols' Ladies to clean out the carp for you.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Seriously Chris. I'm prepared to go throw mielie meal at those carp on Saturday. Might even bring my mother inlaw along. She's got worms
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Ask Rols' Ladies to clean out the carp for you.
    Best idea I have heard so far
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Ok, so it's open season on carp by any means until the trout go in on Wednesday next week
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    A few more attempts...I'm really busy today
    hehe...keep going boet

Hi Chris, will you be calling on members of the CTS to help with the stocking next week or do you have it covered.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast