Thread: Vision GT 57 Reel and spare spool to swop

Arrow Vision GT 57 Reel and spare spool to swop

Vision GT 57 reel and spare spool. Reel has been used twice. As new with box. Would like to swop for TFO 5/6 or similar in same condition.
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Bugger View Post
    Vision GT 57 reel and spare spool. Reel has been used twice. As new with box. Would like to swop for TFO 5/6 or similar in same condition.
    Am I being a bit ambitious here? Any advise?
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Am I being a bit ambitious here? Any advise?
    Or any offers?
    Clive

Morning Clive, what weight line is the reel for???and may i ask what it would normally retail for?? I cannot help with rod unless you want a 5/6 two piece xplorer rod its brand new never been used, i will even through in abrand new hydration bladder.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Morning Clive, what weight line is the reel for???and may i ask what it would normally retail for?? I cannot help with rod unless you want a 5/6 two piece xplorer rod its brand new never been used, i will even through in abrand new hydration bladder.
    Howzit Nick. Reel and spool retail from R2000.00 - R 2500.00. I saw in a recent UK catalogue that reel and spool retails for 190 Pounds. Will suite line weight 5 - 7. The reel has a wide arbour but is slightly shallow so the higher the line weight, the less backing you can put on. It is really a fine piece of machinery. Made in finland and suitable for salt and freshwater. Everything seals off securely inside the reel and it has an excellent drag system. Very smooth.

Which xplorer is it that you have?
    Clive

Howzit Nick. Reel and spool retail from R2000.00 - R 2500.00. I saw in a recent UK catalogue that reel and spool retails for 190 Pounds. Will suite line weight 5 - 7. The reel has a wide arbour but is slightly shallow so the higher the line weight, the less backing you can put on. It is really a fine piece of machinery. Made in finland and suitable for salt and freshwater. Everything seals off securely inside the reel and it has an excellent drag system. Very smooth.

Which xplorer is it that you have?
    Sounds like a nice reel and a fair swap to me.......i was tongue in cheek with the rod.......its the entry level range, i was given it at a bells festival i attended,i have kept it for back up, i use a 5/6 guide series xplorer, and i have no complaints about the rod great for still water,i have a large arbour 5/6 eclipse reel for the rod,the two work great together.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Sounds like a nice reel and a fair swap to me.......i was tongue in cheek with the rod.......its the entry level range, i was given it at a bells festival i attended,i have kept it for back up, i use a 5/6 guide series xplorer, and i have no complaints about the rod great for still water,i have a large arbour 5/6 eclipse reel for the rod,the two work great together.
    Am I understanding that you are talking about swapping the guide series and eclipse reel?
    Clive

Am I understanding that you are talking about swapping the guide series and eclipse reel?

Sorry clive, i was justing saying what set up i am using at the moment, no swap, you definetly would be getting a raw deal. Sorry for the confusion.
    James Boswell.

Sorry clive, i was justing saying what set up i am using at the moment, no swap, you definetly would be getting a raw deal. Sorry for the confusion.
    No worries mate.
    Clive