Thread: Vidal

Default Vidal

Hi Guys

I am off to Cape Vidal tomorrow morning 4 am for the weekend and everything is packed and ready . Wish me luck hopefully i will have a good catch report to submit on monday morning . Been tying up a storm and hope things go well . Any last minute tips and trick would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Hi

Unfortunately I can't offer you advice (never been there), but please post a report when you get back. I'm off to fish there in November. Your fly selection looks pretty good. What kind of flies does wafe garrick take. What wt rod will you be using?

Hi Conrad
    I will be using an 8/9 weight rod with intermediate line fishing from the gullys and shore . I haven't caught any wave garrick yet , but will be targeting them this weekend . I have heard Wave garrick taken on a chartreuse/white ,pink/white , orange/white clouser , Salty buggers , Crazy charlies chartreuse/white ,pink/white , orange/white , sand flea and Gully fly . All flies had lots of flash and sizes were 2 and 4 . I have tied up all of these in various sizes . The last report for vidal i read was a month ago and most fish were caught on Pink/white clousers and crazy charlies . I will post a report early next week with some pics hopefully

Cheers

Adrian
    "My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hi Conrad
    I will be using an 8/9 weight rod with intermediate line fishing from the gullys and shore . I haven't caught any wave garrick yet , but will be targeting them this weekend . I have heard Wave garrick taken on a chartreuse/white ,pink/white , orange/white clouser , Salty buggers , Crazy charlies chartreuse/white ,pink/white , orange/white , sand flea and Gully fly . All flies had lots of flash and sizes were 2 and 4 . I have tied up all of these in various sizes . The last report for vidal i read was a month ago and most fish were caught on Pink/white clousers and crazy charlies . I will post a report early next week with some pics hopefully

Cheers

Adrian
    Tim Rolston developed a plover snail fly a couple of years ago, made with epoxy etc. It worked very well for the wave garrick. Might be worht your while to get a couple of those.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Default plover snail fly

Hay Korrie

Do you know where I can get an image or description of this fly from?

Hi there Adrian,
    Take a 4 weight as well, it will take a long time to get the smile off your dial after catchinhg a 25cm WG on a small rod like that.

I've got the magazine the article was in will scan and post for you.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"