Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10wt & 12wt rods, Stealth Bluewater Reel for sale

Default 10wt & 12wt rods, Stealth Bluewater Reel for sale

Okes I want to do an up grade

Xplorer Guide 10 wt (Still AVAILABLE)
    Stealt Extreme 10wt (Reserved, Fishwisperer)
    Xplorer Guide 12wt " "
    Stealth Extreme 12wt " "
    All R 600 ea

Stealth 12wt Bluewater Reel : R 1 100 ( Good to fair condition, +/- 200yards 50lb Dacron with a Good 12 I 45lb core Tarpon Line) (Still available)

the whole lot for 3 grand

Pm me
    Last edited by Fisher; 03-09-08 at 10:15 AM.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Okes I want to do an up grade

Xplorer Guide 10 wt
    Stealt Extreme 10wt
    Xplorer Guide 12wt
    Stealth Extreme 12wt
    All R 600 ea

Srealth Bluewater 11/12: R 1 100

the whole lot for 3 grand

Pm me
    Ill take the Xplorer 12wt if your'e selling them seperatly!
    Condition??
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Ill take the Xplorer 12wt if your'e selling them seperatly!
    Condition??
    This is the most used rod of them all (50 - 60 fish and about 10 milion casts ), tip (eye) needs to be replaced, some fine rust on the stripping guides, once you have recived the rod you can decide what it is worth to you, I will refund the amount that you think you have overspend. postage on a rod is 50 bucks.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

What are you planning to upgrade to and why?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyGT View Post
    What are you planning to upgrade to and why?
    I am going for the TFO Axioms, (the 12 wt is not available now but should be soon)

If I don't get a 12 Axiom then I might go for the Hardy Zane 12wt.
    Baisicly the reason, is to get familiar with new rods so that I know what I am talking about if I must sell one. Sa after two years or so I might replace the rods again to get fimiliar with the then "new" rods.

The reel, I don.t use it any more.

For what it's worth,TFO will be expanding their Axiom range i.t.o weigths and lengths towards the end of the year.

G

I wonder how many ff (myself included) have bought budget equipment when you start flyfishing, only to realise later that a compromise is not quite good enough.

Then back to break ther Piggy and buy the best you can get...

I have a buddy that fishes a local "brand"' 12wt and calls it his disposable rod. Givin that he takes at least 3 on a trip and normally breaks one...

So in the end it all seems pretty penny foolish to me...

I wonder how many ff (myself included) have bought budget equipment when you start flyfishing, only to realise later that a compromise is not quite good enough.

Then back to break ther Piggy and buy the best you can get...

I have a buddy that fishes a local "brand"' 12wt and calls it his disposable rod. Givin that he takes at least 3 on a trip and normally breaks one...

So in the end it all seems pretty penny foolish to me...
    Ja well that is how it is, Shoemagger didn't start his driving career with a F1 Racer, I always buy the best I can afford, and if it is a 100 buck rod than so be it, I'd rather be fishing with that than not fishing because I do not have a rod !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Ja well that is how it is, Shoemagger didn't start his driving career with a F1 Racer, I always buy the best I can afford, and if it is a 100 buck rod than so be it, I'd rather be fishing with that than not fishing because I do not have a rod !
    Ja Boet , know what you mean...

I still have my first fly rod, a shakespear with softfoam handgrip and who knows what weight. I have since upgraded my tackle again and again and again,,,

I still have that rod and will always keep it. Good to know where you are comming from - it helps you work out where you need to be going.

Its all part of the obsession.

Ja Boet , know what you mean...

I still have my first fly rod, a shakespear .....
    I still have that rod and will always keep it.

Its all part of the obsession.
    Still got mine, Blue Marlin fiberglass rod, not a weight or nothing on it but seems to gast a 7 line lekker, I got it from my uncle when I was 13, and was then allready realy old !! got a few nice yelows with it, somthing like a milion bass or so and 1 x 14 kg baber ! broke it twice, fixed it and I can still pick it off its resting place and go fish !
    Last edited by Fisher; 30-08-08 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast