Thread: Brown 14/0
    Tail: Brown Zonker 1/8"
    Body:Gold flashy thread (Madeira)
    Collar:Mini Pearl Flashabou
    Skirt: Brown Hackle
    Legs:Yellow Round rubber medium
    Eyes:Real eyes red 7/32"
    Thorax & Head: Brown Hares Ear Dubbing

Meant for Barbel but u catch all sorts of other fish as well.I tie it in black and chartreuse too.

Step 1
    Tie in your Zonker tail and bring thread forward.

Step 2
    Tie in your eyes on the bottom of the shank going round figure of 8.Add some glue if u want.When ur done tie thread off.

Step 3
    Like u did with your tying thread,add the gold thread using a bobbin and built your body from the base of the tail right above the hook point to the front over the eyes via figure of 8 ending up by the eye of the hook.Tie off.

Add ur brown tying thread again just behind the eye or to the left of the eye and tie in 2 clumps of pearl flashabou.One then the other right on top of it.Cut it shorter so that they extent just past the base of the tail.

Step 4
    Tie in your hackle at the base of the stem,u want the longer bards closest to the body so that when wet everything folds back creating a nice wing.Dull side facing left ye.

Do not "overcloud" the body with hackle,u still need to see the gold body,part of the success of the fly.

I used the cross mount method.This works a treat cause it makes for a perfectly palmered wing.

Strim or cut the stem short and cover the flash with brown thread.

Wrap ur hackle forward in close consecutive turns to just infront of the eye.Secure with thread.

Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 29-08-08 at 10:30 PM.

Step 5
    Tie in rubber legs on the near side,go over the middle part of the rubber leg,this will create 2 legs on the near side.Do the far side as well.U now have 4 legs.

Play around with the length of the legs.I try and keep them as long as possible without it looking rediculous.Quite long is fine.Nice trigger.These 4 legs are all 3cm long.

Step 6
    Form a dubbing loop,add your dubbing and wrap the thorax area going through the middle of the rubber legs,over the eyes via fig 8 and ending at the eye of the hook.Tie off.

Step 8
    Brush out the dubbing using a velcro strip.This complete the head nicely.

Finished fly when wet.A view from above.

Side view

Bottom view

Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 29-08-08 at 09:47 PM.

That's a lekka fly Gerrit, I just wish I had enough time to tie some to check if there are barbel in that dam of Chris'
    mooi man
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]