Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Relaunch of Western Cape YWG

anybody ?.........

mmmmmmm like to know if our efforts that weekend accomplished something but the silence is deafening and hardly motivating....

Pierre last time I was there the guy mentioned that only "certain" people were allowed to fish the dam, so maybe what you guys accomplished is a private fishery for some?? Maybe that's why there is a lack of replies? It needs to be kept secret? This was a year or so back though.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Pierre last time I was there the guy mentioned that only "certain" people were allowed to fish the dam, so maybe what you guys accomplished is a private fishery for some?? Maybe that's why there is a lack of replies? It needs to be kept secret? This was a year or so back though.
    Why you fish where there no beaver?
    You go past this place on same road and there is nice farm with small hovels, and yellow fish in the dams
    Berghof is I think a name
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

Dude whoever u r,u r funny! How's my order coming along?

Hi Pierre,

Since the last stocking which you refered to we had two visits (Oct 2009 & Mar 2010) to the dam and established there is a huge population of Sawfin in the dam with the Clanwilliams.

The Beaverlac dam is purely used as a source for stocking and not "private fishing". We have been working with the Groot Winterhoek Conservancy to get waters where we could go and fish.

We did a stocking in early March 2010 this year where stocked fish into several dams in the concervancy. These locations will be available for fishing in the very near future.

If you need any further information please feel free to contact me.

Hi John

Thanks allot for the feedback. All sounds pretty healthy then. Any idea what size the Beaverlack yellows will be by now ?

Being able to fish these dams would be a blast. I'm really interested in joining you guys on future trips.

Have a great weekend

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Dude whoever u r,u r funny! How's my order coming along?
    I am worry that people they think I am another body
    Order?
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

Me's are's alsou gebothered about eyes order.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3