Page 199 of 209 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2089

Thread: Latest Flies from the vice

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Bryan that will work just remember the fly must always go away from the fish and they will eat it ;0)
    Good luck tight lines post pics
    /d
    Thanks. Hopefully I get something to take pic of other than scenery... :wink:

Only tried SWFFing once. Managed to catch a few wave garrick, stone bream and snapper. But I enjoy putting in the hours learning new spots, techniques, etc. so either way it will be a blast. Would love to catch a Leerie on fly so thats the first objective. If I get a Grunter that would be a bonus.

Will report back, hopefully with some pics.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    That looks great bryan. Maybe you can give us a SBS of your fly?
    Will try do so if I get a chance. Here's a mud prawn and sand prawn variation plus another few submerged.

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

fantastic tying bryan. If those don't get you a grunt then i don't know ... then again casting to grunts can be a bit of a character assassination (for me anyway)

ps how about an SBS? :tongue:
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Yep a nice SBS would be great
    Grts,

Gino V.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    Flyfishing is a way of live
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mind set, and with time, an obsession.

<°)))>< your fish <--------> my fish ><((((((((((((((((º>

I was mucking about with some colourful woolly buggers, not the neatest tie, but I am happy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    I was mucking about with some colourful woolly buggers, not the neatest tie, but I am happy...
    I like them. Very lekker, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Nice woolly buggers still. What size hooks did you use, and what fish would you target with these colourful ones?

Quote Originally Posted by GavinD View Post
    Nice woolly buggers still. What size hooks did you use, and what fish would you target with these colourful ones?
    I used Gamakatsu B10's in size #8 and size #6

I am hoping to annoy a bass and perhaps an orange crazed trout at Lakenvlei...lets see what happens
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Nice flies Jules you sure they make #8?

One side of my brain is saying "Holy Sh*t what self respecting trout would eat that fluff of colour", yet the other side (The side i usually end up trusting more) is saying "Man i gotta tie one of those things on there is no way a self respecting trout could leave that thing alone!"

There is something about purple/orange that i just really like. I reckon the Lakies fish will agree.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Page 199 of 209 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast