Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Flies from the vice

Default Some more

Filoplume damsel:

Soft hackle MZN:

Soft hackle:

"Blind" soft hackle:

Sorry to the guys who've seen these before
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Love the beetles! The one looks like a Choc Chip Cookie!
    Hope the fish will munch it like a fat kid loves cake
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Bwaaahahahaha!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Nice Flies!!

Two quick quistions:
    1. Do you find red yarn more easy to sea than white?

2. Is the loop in the "blind" soft hackle just a bigger hook eye?
    They've got us surrounded - the poor bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    Nice Flies!!

Two quick quistions:
    1. Do you find red yarn more easy to sea than white?

2. Is the loop in the "blind" soft hackle just a bigger hook eye?
    Hi Benja

1.yes, in certain light conditions red is more visible... Yellow can be a good colour too. As well as pink and green!

2. Correct! Have been experimenting with tying some flies "blind"

Regards
    Liam

Thumbs up

very cool flies boys, thanks for sharing.

Liam: can you pls give some more details on the "oil slick" foam ? Is it foam with some covering or all-in-one ? Where did you get it ? Reckon that if you can get the shiny side on both sides it would make a KILLER flipper for bass.

Grant: what is the "wormy" stuff (below the biot wing), sorry can't think of another word to describe it. Something like sparkle organza or am I on the wrong track ?
    Last edited by ebf; 04-09-08 at 08:12 AM.
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    very cool flies boys, thanks for sharing.

Liam: can you pls give some more details on the "oil slick" foam ? Is it foam with some covering or all-in-one ? Where did you get it ? Reckon that if you can get the shiny side on both sides it would make a KILLER flipper for bass.
    Hi Eben

You can get it from sean at flywaters, its called loco foam and the covering colouration scheme is "oil slick" you can get it in all different colours & yes its awesome for flippers...... The colouration is only on one side, but its quite thin so you could double it up if neccesary.

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Liam

Eben the material on the bodies is called Straggle Fritz. It is basically a very sparse fritz material.

It only seems to be available from UK though. I haven't found a local or US store that stocks it.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Okay never posted a self tied fly on here so here goes....c&C most welcome. Esp from the purists....

Sweet!!! That is gonna catch fish!!

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast