Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Results 141 to 149 of 149

Thread: Weaving or woven flies

  1. #141
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Parys, Free State
    Posts
    10,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    So say I as well, but it does not mean they cant still do S.B.S. tying on the forum.

    Dave
    Agreed,I'm done pleading to be honest.Couldn't be bothered

    It's up to us to keep them entertained

    G

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Agreed,I'm done pleading to be honest.Couldn't be bothered

    It's up to us to keep them entertained

    G
    Ek wens ek kan n' smilie fly weave.

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    HY GUYS,

    Do you think it is possible? I would like to weave a dry fly. Any bets as to if I will succeed. Do I have any challenges.

    Tomorrow is ''D''-Day. Sizes would be no: 12 -14, Any takers to tie with me for fun.

    If it cant be done, we roll over and play dead.

    Dave
    Havent ried a dry fly weave yet, however have tied various emerger patterns using a weave and have caught on them. Trout AND Carp!! Have also tied various caddis nymphs and bloodworm patterns using weave, caught yellows and muddies sucesfully.
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Ta Rols,

    I'm totally Zonkered or is that threaded?

    Check out this leke Caddis.Embroidery thread with Wiets se Biets(Nymph Head bead)

    G
    Wow - this fly looks awesome!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBarbus View Post
    Havent ried a dry fly weave yet, however have tied various emerger patterns using a weave and have caught on them. Trout AND Carp!! Have also tied various caddis nymphs and bloodworm patterns using weave, caught yellows and muddies sucesfully.
    Hi there,

    Thanks for the input, now how about some pic's of your flies.

    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Hi there,

    Thanks for the input, now how about some pic's of your flies.

    DAVE
    Will do, am in West Africa at the moment on business, but once back home will upload a few pics (after having taken them of course).

    I must say, I am VERY impressed with the quality of flies shown throughout this thread... wow, well done guys, and thanks for the info.

    I enjoy weaving flies and this thread proves that one should tie with others, not alone, ideas develop much quicker that way.
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaBarbus View Post
    Will do, am in West Africa at the moment on business, but once back home will upload a few pics (after having taken them of course).

    I must say, I am VERY impressed with the quality of flies shown throughout this thread... wow, well done guys, and thanks for the info.

    I enjoy weaving flies and this thread proves that one should tie with others, not alone, ideas develop much quicker that way.
    Weaving flies is fun, different!! Maybe we can get this thread on track for the new guys starting to tie. Plenty of new forumers who may just enjoy this.

    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Weaving flies is fun, different!! Maybe we can get this thread on track for the new guys starting to tie. Plenty of new forumers who may just enjoy this.

    DAVE


    sounds like a party!!!
    I'm not addicted to fishing, I can quit anytime my wife makes me!!

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    6,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Weaving flies is fun, different!! Maybe we can get this thread on track for the new guys starting to tie. Plenty of new forumers who may just enjoy this.

    DAVE
    Going through this thread again was just pure pleasure.

    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •