Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 500 starving brown trout

Default 500 starving brown trout

...........and a partridge in a pear tree!

500 brown trout are currently on a starvation diet in preparation for being transported to Contermanskloof dam on Thursday/Friday this week, so the very best chance of catching an elusive brown will be afforded this coming weekend. Anyway, I thought I'd just put the word out. Use it, don't use it!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post

500 brown trout are currently on a starvation diet in preparation for being transported to Contermanskloof dam on Thursday/Friday this week, so the very best chance of catching an elusive brown will be afforded this coming weekend. Anyway, I thought I'd just put the word out. Use it, don't use it!

Fantastic news Chris,have you manged to get the Elctro shocking done yet.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Fantastic news Chris,have you manged to get the Elctro shocking done yet.
    yes Nick, the electro-shocking took place on Saturday. To date more than 80 carp have been removed from the dam and I can already see a remarkable improvement in the clarity of the water.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Blog Entries

yes Nick, the electro-shocking took place on Saturday. To date more than 80 carp have been removed from the dam and I can already see a remarkable improvement in the clarity of the water.

Good to hear Chris, would like to have seen how the Elctro shocking worked,was it a covert operration
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Damn, I'm going in for an op on Friday...will get there ASAP.

Make it Thursday and I'll pop round after work
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Good to hear Chris, would like to have seen how the Elctro shocking worked,was it a covert operration
    We were met with glassy conditions and most of the carp were holding in the deeper water out of range of the 5m electro field, so the results weren't as good as what I hoped they would be. On Sunday morning Gary and I fished out another 30 carp and Kevin and Michael got another 7 or so in the afternoon, all taken out of the windward corner. Fishing tapered off after that, so I'm hoping that we nailed most of the fish that were congregating there.

Hi there guys. Will we be able to buy day tickets yet or is this still to be finalized?
    Thatís the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isnít good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hi there guys. Will we be able to buy day tickets yet or is this still to be finalized?
    Hi Jason. Sorry boet, but at this stage it will be for paid up members only. I think I owe it to the few who have supported me, but you'll get to know soon enough when it will be opened to the public.

Hi Jason. Sorry boet, but at this stage it will be for paid up members only. I think I owe it to the few who have supported me, but you'll get to know soon enough when it will be opened to the public.
    BLOODY ELITISTS!!!!!!!.

Just playing boet, that's only fair. Take some pics of the stocking and fishing please guys. Can't wait to see some nice browns.
    Thatís the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isnít good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

I will have to inform the SPCA, about this.
    Not feeding the fish, starving them, stress on the fish, due to no food.

This is cruelty to animals.

We have to get a petition started on Flytalk to stop such barbaric deeds.

Good fishing to all of you.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast