Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gouritz Yellows?

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    I think the record Kabeljou came out of the Gourits, 74kg or something like that. Would that be a smallmouth kabeljou then?
    74 Kg, If in summer it was caught by a GROOTBEK , if out of season by a KLEINBEK, or rather a TOEBEK.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Dale, welcome and i hope you enjoy the forum.
    Us guys are very protective of our waters,your question may seem harmless enough but you may have to work a little harder than that before the guys start revealing the best place to catch Yellows in the WC.

Cheers Nick,

To give you some idea go and have a look at the Smallstream yellows thread.
    Last edited by nicholas; 12-09-08 at 08:58 PM.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    I think the record Kabeljou came out of the Gourits, 74kg or something like that. Would that be a smallmouth kabeljou then?
    Maybe they confused it with a geelbek, never knew they went into estuaries tho...
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    74 Kg, If in summer it was caught by a GROOTBEK , if out of season by a KLEINBEK, or rather a TOEBEK.
    Classic!!!!

Well said....
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Where T F is the Gouritz anyway?
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Where T F is the Gouritz anyway?
    hahaha...it's the one that is marked with bog roll behind every tree!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

my bad, ive been informed this is a rather sensitive subject, lol.

well ask no questions, hear no lies hey

as for info on me, im not insterested in streams a-z, nor am i bothered by the mason type secrecy. lol. i won't pry, i won't fish for info (excuse the pun ) and i won't blab any snippets that do come my way. each to his own i say.

as long as you have a fish on the line, or at least the prospect of one, then there should be no reason for hassles.

cheers to all and pleasant fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by celticdragondale View Post

as for info on me, im not insterested in streams a-z, nor am i bothered by the mason type secrecy. lol. i won't pry, i won't fish for info (excuse the pun ) and i won't blab any snippets that do come my way. each to his own i say.

as long as you have a fish on the line, or at least the prospect of one, then there should be no reason for hassles.

Welcome the forum... Don't let this introduction shun you away, people have just been burnt in the past by sharing sensitive topics on the forum. There's lots of valuable info and the search function is a great tool to access it. There are some really nice step by steps (SBS) too. If you want a background, go read the "smallstream yellows" thread.

Regards
    Liam

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    If you want a background, go read the "smallstream yellows" thread.
    Regards
    Liam
    Liam, leave my new found small streams alone At least I know there's LM in them there waters
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by celticdragondale View Post

Hi and welcome and you should know you gonna get some flack asking the where and how questions first bat, but ......If you do it in small letters.....You gonna battle with those Caps forever
    Sorry Bud but I also am guilty of the caps thing but am trying....
    Enjoy the site, the yello's however, are a guarded secret
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast