Thread: Belated introduction

Default Belated introduction

I never did this before.. Only realised now that i could have put a quick post here to say hi. So here it goes, hi. My name is andrew, i am a student at uj, studying a bcom it management, i have been fly fishing since dec 2007. But only managed a few trips so far. Still getting into it though, and on my student budget i only have 1 rod reel beginners setup at the moment, getting another rod 2mro, its a gift(thanks G). Well thats about all i can think of saying for now.
    A

Welcome to the mad house Andrew Great place this forum and much info shared by a great bunch of people. It has benefitted me hugely. I am also new to ff (4 months now) so have not been able to contribute much by way of expertise etc. But the guys are really great.

BTW, you must be a student posting at that time of morning
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Welcome!!!

Remember to one day tell ur grand children about a certain gift u got from Horatio.

G

Welcome Andrew! Great site this but as I'm sure you know by now it can become addictive
    I am also a student, at Tuks though, either way I know how tight a student budget can be sometimes (No it does not all go to beer like everyone thinks, only most of it so when you can't get out that often, the forum fills the void quite well!

Enjoy.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Bugger View Post
    Welcome to the mad house Andrew Great place this forum and much info shared by a great bunch of people. It has benefitted me hugely. I am also new to ff (4 months now) so have not been able to contribute much by way of expertise etc. But the guys are really great.

BTW, you must be a student posting at that time of morning
    not exactly, i was in bed by 10 last night, lay awake until 12 then decided to get up until i was tired, so watched tv and posted messages and read almost the whole forum, not bad considering i have been using my cell lately it comes in handy during boring lectures though

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Welcome!!!

Remember to one day tell ur grand children about a certain gift u got from Horatio.

G
    dont worry, i tell everybody and anybody that will listen the story about the guy that i have never met that was going to give me 3 rods for free. Some lucky people even get to hear the story more than once. I still cant believe some guy i have never met has given me a rod. Which i am collecting this morning

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    not exactly, i was in bed by 10 last night, lay awake until 12 then decided to get up until i was tired, so watched tv and posted messages and read almost the whole forum, not bad considering i have been using my cell lately it comes in handy during boring lectures though
    I remember those days (giving age away). If I was not in bed by 22H00 I would go home
    Clive

"One final cast for luck, and the really last throw in honour of a fair lady ... If they don't rise to that, they are no gentlemen" - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    dont worry, i tell everybody and anybody that will listen the story about the guy that i have never met that was going to give me 3 rods for free. Some lucky people even get to hear the story more than once. I still cant believe some guy i have never met has given me a rod. Which i am collecting this morning
    BTW, I have a spare tying vice if you are interseted? PM me your address.
    Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Bugger View Post
    BTW, I have a spare tying vice if you are interseted? PM me your address.
    i am interested, but i already have one, its one of those cheap starter pack ones though so maybe if the one you are offering is a nicer one i would not mind, then i could pass my one onto someone else, i have prob tied only 20 or 30 flies so far i have run out of hooks though i will pm u later this morning.